Explore Remote Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities
This BLOG On Remote Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities Was UPDATED On October 26th, 2017
A career as a remote mortgage loan originator can be one of the most rewarding and highest paying career that is available today. The Gustan Cho Team at USA Mortgage, a division of DAS Acquisition Company LLC 227262 is hiring experienced licensed remote loan officers nationwide.
- A career as a loan officer is different than any other careers in a sense that this job has endless opportunities and the sky is the limit as of how successful you want to be.
- In a way is like having own business.
- As time passes and a loan officer closes more mortgage loans their business will expand.
Remote Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities: The Gustan Cho Team at USA Mortgage Helps Loans Officers Market Themselves
One of the greatest benefits with working at The Gustan Cho Team at USA Mortgage is our in-house marketing department. Loan Officers come in contact with referral partners. Here are examples of referral partners:
- Home buyer’s realtors
- Sellers realtors
- Buyer’s attorneys
- Seller’s attorneys
- Divorce Attorneys
- Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Title company officers
- Insurance agents
- Financial Planners
- Home inspectors
- Other real estate industry professionals
The above list of professionals can be referral partners and can refer potential mortgage loan borrowers to loan officers. USA Mortgage Marketing Department can co-brand referral partners with loan officers by creating flyers, brochures, mailers, and custom websites and landing pages.
We do require that remote loan officer candidates have at least one year full time loan origination experience with the following financial institutions:
- Mortgage Brokers
- Mortgage Banking Companies
- Credit Unions
- Wholesale Account Executive Experience
As a beginner to this business, newer loan officers will need to understand that it will take some time and a lot of hard work to establish themselves and brand their name.
- Unlike other careers, a career as a mortgage loan originator has no caps on compensation and many hard working beginners can easily make six figures their first year and their incomes continues escalates year after year.
- We will be discussing how to launch your career as a licensed mortgage loan originator and how to become a top producer in this mortgage blog article.
- We currently have Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities nationwide BUT one year full time experience is required.
- We have an excellent training program for those with at least one year full time experience.
- A senior mortgage loan officer will be assigned to the new and the first 20 to 30 mortgage loan applications will be worked on together with a supervising senior loan officer so the newer loan officer will know every possible case scenario.
- Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities hired by USA Mortgage need to attend a one week training/orientation at USA Mortgage Corporate Offices in St. Louis Missouri.
- All expenses will be paid by USA Mortgage: Flight, room and board, and expenses
- Full benefits provided: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Bi-weekly draw
Marketing Yourself And Branding Your Name
Marketing is the most important part in any business.
- You can be the best attorney, realtor, insurance agent, doctor, dentist, mortgage loan officer in the world but if you cannot get customers, then you have no business.
- We are one of the most aggressive mortgage lenders in the country with no mortgage lender overlays
- Over 75% of our borrowers are folks who were told that they cannot qualify somewhere else due to their mortgage lender overlays.
- For example, most mortgage lenders have a minimum credit score requirement of 640 FICO to qualify for a FHA Loan when the minimum credit score requirement from HUD ( parent of FHA ) is a 580 FICO credit score.
- This higher credit score requirement is called a mortgage lender overlay by the particular mortgage lender.
- Often times the mortgage lender that is telling the borrower do not tell them that they can qualify with a mortgage lender like us where we do mortgage loans with 580 FICO credit scores all day long.
- Another common denial by other mortgage lenders are debt to income ratio mortgage lender overlays.
- FHA allows up to a 56.9% debt to income ratio cap for home loan borrowers with at least a 620 FICO credit score.
- Most mortgage lenders will have a debt to income ratio cap at 45% so many get turned down by debt to income ratio overlays.
- We do higher debt to income ratios mortgage loans all day long. I can go on and on with the various case scenarios.
- The bottom line is that we have a product that millions of mortgage loan borrowers need and exists and marketing is the key.
- You, as a new mortgage loan originator with us, needs to let the world know that you are a mortgage loan officer that can do a loan where others cannot and only go by federal minimum lending guidelines and have no mortgage lender overlays.
- A large percentage of our business are from mortgage loan borrowers who got turned down by several other mortgage lenders due to their mortgage lender overlays.
- As you meet more realtors as time goes by, your realtor partners will realize that you are the mortgage lender to go to and this is the start of your marketing process and growing your career as a mortgage loan originator.
Start A Website
We offer a personal website to all of our new loan officers and our marketing department will help each new loan officer optimize their new website with search engine optimization through blogs, videos, social media, newsletters, and listing their website to over 50 online directories for maximum exposure.
- Websites will have a Word Press platform where you can write blogs and share them on FaceBook, Linkedln, Google, Twitter, email campaign, and other network platform you may have.
- As your website ages and has more content, your exposure will increase and a large percentage of your mortgage loan borrowers will be from your viewers who will be contacting you from the information and blog articles that are on your website.
- Your contact information which includes your name, your biography, the services you offer will all be on your website.
- Your potential clients will also be able to apply online where you get alerted once they complete the secured online mortgage loan application.
- Since your audience and target market will be online, you should establish a strong presence of yourself and the products you offer on social media.
Client Reviews And Testimonials
As you close more and more loans, many of your mortgage loan borrower’s will become your lifelong friends and will write testimonials about you.
- Client testimonials are extremely important and many potential mortgage loan borrower’s will want to read your testimonials by other mortgage loan borrower clients on the experience they had with you.
- Any mortgage loan officer can originate, process, underwrite, and fund a borrower with a 800 FICO credit score, 20% down payment, and 40% debt to income ratios.
- However, many mortgage loan borrower’s may have prior credit issues, 580 FICO credit scores, unpaid collection accounts, 56.9% debt to income ratios, and recent late payments and may have gone through multiple mortgage lenders and were told they could not qualify.
- Representing these types of mortgage loan borrowers is our specialty and if you can help these type of borrowers, they will appreciate you and will write testimonials and good reviews on major client review sites.
- As time passes and you close more loans, your testimonials and reviews will increase as well.
Using Flyers And Mailers: Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities
As you close more and more mortgage loans, real estate agents will be requesting flyers and business cards from you so they can pass them out at open houses or give them to their home buyers.
- We offer a full 5 star marketing department where we can help you create custom flyers and mailers that already has been approved by our compliance department and is ready for use.
- It takes seconds to customize the flyers and mailers with your photo and contact information as well as your intended message.
- You can also add your real estate agent to your flyer and mailers and co-brand the marketing materials.
Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities: Getting Started
Mortgage loan officer career opportunities are career positions and is not recommended for someone who is just looking for a job for a year and changing fields.
- After getting properly licensed, it will take a good year to fully understand the mortgage loan business
- Even a mortgage loan officer who is a veteran top producer needs to constantly study the new laws and regulations in the mortgage industry that is constantly changing.
- Many mortgage loan officers with over ten years experience still do not know everything and often times when they get into a unique case scenario, they will need to ask our Loan Case
- Scenario Help Desk or do their own research by going through the particular loan program’s guidelines.
- If you are one of those individuals who want to help people and want to help a hard working individual, couple, or family realize the American Dream of Home Ownership, this career may be for you.
About Us And Products We Offer
The Gustan Cho Team at USA Mortgage is a 5 star direct lender with no lender overlays on government and conventional loans licensed in multiple states:
- When I say we have no lender overlays, I mean we have ZERO OVERLAYS on government and conventional loans and only go off AUS FINDINGS
- We do not have any mortgage lender overlays so as long as the mortgage loan applicant gets an approve/eligible per Automated Findings
- We close all of our pre-approvals
Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities: We Close On All Of Our Pre-Approvals
- All pre-approvals are full credit approvals signed off by our mortgage underwriters
- Over 75% of our borrowers we close are folks who could not get a mortgage loan approval due to that mortgage lender overlays or borrowers who changed over to us due to stress in the mortgage process.
- Minimum credit scores for a 3.5% down payment home purchase FHA Loan is 580 FICO
- Minimum credit scores for Conventional Loans are 620 FICO.
- Unpaid collections do not have to be paid off as per FHA lending guidelines.
- We can do loans with judgments and tax liens as long as the borrower has had a three month payment history and written payment agreement with the creditor.
- We do manual underwrites at USA Mortgage
Remote Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities: Types Of Loan Programs The Gustan Cho Team At USA Mortgage Offers
USA Mortgage, a division of DAS Acquisition Company LLC NMLS 227262 Offers The Following Loan Programs:
- FHA Loans
- VA Loans
- USDA Loans
- Reverse Mortgages
- Conventional Loans
- Jumbo Loans
- Reverse Mortgages
- FHA 203k Loans
- Condotel Loans and Non-Warrantable Condominium Loans
- Loans For Foreign Nationals
- Special Loan Programs such as NON-QM Loans and Bank Statement Loans for Self Employed Borrowers
- Escrow Advance On Refinance Loans
- One Time Closing Construction Loans
No Cold Calling Required: All Of Our Loan Officers Will Get Clients Assigned From Day One
Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities With Leads Provided From Day One:
Due to the demand of our no mortgage lender overlay mortgage products, we are currently aggressively hiring experienced loans officers and brand new loan officer recruits.
- Unlike other mortgage companies, none of our licensed mortgage loan originators cold call or buy leads from mortgage loan lead origination companies.
- Every one of our licensed loan officers will be assigned to mortgage loan applicants from day one.
- As long as you want to keep busy and are willing to work, you do not have to wait for your phone to ring nor have to go knocking on doors.
- Most of our licensed loan officers have a full pipeline of mortgage clients.
How Do I Apply And Get Started
If you have decided that a career as a licensed mortgage loan originator is for you, the first step is to contact me at 262-716-8151 or you can email me with your contact information and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will have a phone interview and once we determine we will be a mutual fit, then the licensing process starts.
- Loan Officers who were exempt from licensing due to working at FDIC financial institutions need to go to NMLS LICENSING and get licensed
- Once you get your NMLS ID number, you need to register and complete a 20 hour NMLS Approved pre-licensing course.
- I can recommend you to several schools or you can find a school of your choice online.
- Once you complete the 20 hour pre-licensing course, you then need to take your federal NMLS federal exam, which is a three hour, 125 question examination and receive at least a 75% for a passing grade.
- Once you have passed your federal NMLS examination, you can then apply for your mortgage loan originator license for the state or states you want to originate loans in.
- We, as a company, are licensed in multiple states with our goal being to be licensed in all 50 states
- The federal NMLS test will enable you to get licensed in most of the 50 states.
- There are two states, Minnesota and Arkansas that will require individuals to take a separate exam
- Eventually, all 50 states will be part of the federal NMLS system so you do not have to take a separate state exam.
- Part of the licensing process includes both a federal criminal background examination, state criminal background investigation, and credit check.
- Once you are cleared, you will be sponsored and will receive your credentials which include your corporate email address, access to corporate computer network, credit bureau logins, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Automated Underwriting System, and other important and private logins so you can originate loans from wherever you are at.
- You will receive a one on one training and the first 20 to 30 files you work with will be with a senior mortgage loan originator.
- You will not be alone and will be working with a team.
We are a larger company, however, have a family atmosphere and every new recruit is treated like a member of the family. If you want to get started, contact Gustan Cho at 262-716-8151 or email email@example.com.