Remote Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities
This BLOG On Remote Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities Was UPDATED On January 6th, 2019
A career as a remote mortgage loan originator can be one of the most rewarding and highest paying careers that is available today. Gustan Cho Associates is hiring experienced licensed remote loan officers nationwide.
- A career as a loan officer is different than any other careers in a sense that this job has endless opportunities
- The sky is the limit to how successful you want to be.
- In a way is like having own business
- As time passes and a loan officer closes more mortgage loans their business will expand
In this article, we will cover and discuss Remote Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities at Gustan Cho Associates.
Remote Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities: Gustan Cho Associates Helps Loans Officers Market Themselves
One of the greatest benefits of working at Gustan Cho Associates is our in-house marketing department. Loan Officers come in contact with referral partners. Here are examples of referral partners:
- Home buyer’s realtors
- Sellers realtors
- Buyer’s attorneys
- Seller’s attorneys
- Divorce Attorneys
- Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Title company officers
- Insurance agents
- Financial Planners
- Home inspectors
- Other real estate industry professionals
The above list of professionals can be referral partners and can refer potential mortgage loan borrowers to loan officers. Gustan Cho Associates Mortgage Group Marketing Department can co-brand referral partners with loan officers by creating flyers, brochures, mailers, and custom websites and landing pages.
We do require that remote loan officer candidates have at least one-year full-time loan origination experience with the following financial institutions:
- Mortgage Brokers
- Mortgage Banking Companies
- Credit Unions
- Wholesale Account Executive Experience
As a beginner to this business, newer loan officers will need to understand that it will take some time and a lot of hard work to establish themselves and brand their name.
- Unlike other careers, a career as a mortgage loan originator has no caps on compensation
- Many hard-working beginners can easily make six figures their first year and their incomes continue escalates year after year
- We will be discussing how to launch your career as a licensed mortgage loan originator and how to become a top producer in this mortgage blog article
- We currently have Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities nationwide
- BUT one-year full-time experience is required
- We have an excellent training program for those with at least a one-year full-time experience
- A senior mortgage loan officer will be assigned to the new loan officer
- The first 20 to 30 mortgage loan applications will be worked on together with a supervising senior loan officer so the newer loan officer will know every possible case scenario
- Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities hired by Gustan Cho Associates. need to attend a one-week training/orientation at our corporate headquarters in Lombard, Illinois
- All expenses will be paid by Gustan Cho Associates Mortgage Group: Flight, room and board, and expenses
- Full benefits provided: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Marketing Yourself And Branding Your Name
Marketing is the most important part of any business.
- You can be the best attorney, realtor, insurance agent, doctor, dentist, a mortgage loan officer in the world but if you cannot get customers, then you have no business
- We are one of the most aggressive mortgage lenders in the country with no mortgage lender overlays
- Over 75% of our borrowers are folks who were told that they cannot qualify somewhere else due to their mortgage lender overlays
- For example, most lenders have a minimum credit score requirement of 640 FICO to qualify for an FHA Loan when the minimum credit score requirement from HUD ( parent of FHA ) is a 580 FICO credit score
- This higher credit score requirement is called a mortgage lender overlay by the particular lender
- Often times the lender that is telling the borrower do not tell them that they can qualify with a lender like us where we do mortgage loans with 580 FICO credit scores all day long
- Another common denial by other lenders is debt to income ratio overlays.
- FHA allows up to a 56.9% debt to income ratio cap for home loan borrowers with at least a 620 FICO credit score
- Most lenders will have a debt to income ratio cap at 45% so many get turned down by debt to income ratio overlays
- We do higher debt to income ratios mortgage loans all day long
- I can go on and on with the various case scenarios.
- The bottom line is that we have a product that millions of mortgage loan borrowers need and exists and marketing is the key
- You, as a new mortgage loan originator with us, need to let the world know that you are a mortgage loan officer that can do a loan where others cannot and only go by federal minimum lending guidelines and have no overlays
- A large percentage of our business is from borrowers who got turned down by several other lenders due to their overlays
As you meet more realtors as time goes by, your realtor partners will realize that you are the lender to go to and this is the start of your marketing process and grow your career as a mortgage loan originator.
Start A Website
We offer a personal website to all of our new loan officers and our marketing department will help each new loan officer optimize their new website with search engine optimization through blogs, videos, social media, newsletters, and listing their website to over 50 online directories for maximum exposure.
- Websites will have a Word Press platform where you can write blogs and share them on Facebook, Linkedln, Google, Twitter, email campaign, and other network platforms you may have
- As your website ages and has more content, your exposure will increase and a large percentage of borrowers will be from your viewers who will be contacting you from the information and blog articles that are on your website
- Your contact information which includes your name, your biography, the services you offer will all be on your website
- Your potential clients will also be able to apply online where you get alerted once they complete the secured online mortgage loan application
Since your audience and target market will be online, you should establish a strong presence of yourself and the products you offer on social media.
Client Reviews And Testimonials
As you close more and more loans, many of your borrower’s will become your lifelong friends and will write testimonials about you.
- Client testimonials are extremely important and many potential borrowers will want to read your testimonials by other borrower clients on the experience they had with you
- Any mortgage loan officer can originate, process, underwrite, and fund a borrower with an 800 FICO credit score, 20% down payment, and 40% debt to income ratios
- However, many borrower’s may have prior credit issues, 580 FICO credit scores, unpaid collection accounts, 56.9% debt to income ratios, and recent late payments and may have gone through multiple lenders and were told they could not qualify
- Representing these types of borrowers is our specialty and if you can help these type of borrowers, they will appreciate you and will write testimonials and good reviews on major client review sites
As time passes and you close more loans, your testimonials and reviews will increase as well.
Using Flyers And Mailers: Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities
As you close more and more mortgage loans, real estate agents will be requesting flyers and business cards from you so they can pass them out at open houses or give them to their home buyers.
- We offer a full 5-star marketing department where we can help you create custom flyers and mailers that already has been approved by our compliance department and is ready for use
- It takes seconds to customize the flyers and mailers with your photo and contact information as well as your intended message
You can also add your real estate agent to your flyer and mailers and co-brand the marketing materials.
Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities: Getting Started
Mortgage loan officer career opportunities are career positions and are not recommended for someone who is just looking for a job for a year and changing fields.
- After getting properly licensed, it will take a good year to fully understand the mortgage loan business
- Even a mortgage loan officer who is a veteran top producer needs to constantly study the new laws and regulations in the mortgage industry that is constantly changing
- Many mortgage loan officers with over ten years experience still do not know everything and often times when they get into a unique case scenario, they will need to ask our Loan Case
- Scenario Help Desk or do their own research by going through the particular loan program’s guidelines
If you are one of those individuals who want to help people and want to help a hard-working individual, couple, or family realize the American Dream of Home Ownership, this career may be for you.
About Us And Products We Offer
Gustan Cho Associates is a 5-star direct lender with no overlays on government and conventional loans licensed in multiple states:
- When I say we have no lender overlays, I mean we have ZERO OVERLAYS on government and conventional loans
- Only go off AUS FINDINGS
- We do not have any overlays so as long as the mortgage loan applicant gets an approve/eligible per Automated Findings
We close all of our pre-approvals.
Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities: We Close On All Of Our Pre-Approvals
All pre-approvals are full credit approvals signed off by our mortgage underwriters:
- Over 75% of our borrowers we close are folks who could not get a mortgage loan approval due to that lender’s overlays or borrowers who changed over to us due to stress in the mortgage process
- Minimum credit scores for a 3.5% down payment home purchase FHA Loan is 580 FICO
- Minimum credit scores for Conventional Loans are 620 FICO
- Unpaid collections do not have to be paid off as per FHA lending guidelines
- We can do loans with judgments and tax liens as long as the borrower has had a three-month payment history and written payment agreement with the creditor
We do manual underwrites at Gustan Cho Associates.
Remote Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities: Types Of Loan Programs The Gustan Cho Team At Loan Cabin Inc. Offers
Gustan Cho Associates, the national consumer direct division of Loan Cabin Inc. NMLS 1657322 offers The Following Loan Programs:
- FHA Loans
- VA Loans
- USDA Loans
- Reverse Mortgages
- Conventional Loans
- Jumbo Loans
- Reverse Mortgages
- FHA 203k Loans
- Non-QM 95% LTV Jumbo Mortgages
- Condotel Loans and Non-Warrantable Condominium Loans
- Loans For Foreign Nationals
- Special Loan Programs such as NON-QM Loans and Bank Statement Loans for Self Employed Borrowers
- Escrow Advance On Refinance Loans
- One Time Closing Construction Loans
No Cold Calling Required: All Of Our Loan Officers Will Get Clients Assigned From Day One
Mortgage Loan Officer Career Opportunities With Leads Provided From Day One:
Due to the demand for our no mortgage lender overlay mortgage products, we are currently aggressively hiring experienced loan officers and brand new loan officer recruits.
- Unlike other mortgage companies, none of our licensed mortgage loan originators cold call or buy leads from mortgage loan lead origination companies
- Every one of our licensed loan officers will be assigned to mortgage loan applicants from day one
- As long as you want to keep busy and are willing to work, you do not have to wait for your phone to ring nor have to go knocking on doors
- Most of our licensed loan officers have a full pipeline of mortgage clients
How Do I Apply And Get Started
If you have decided that a career as a licensed mortgage loan originator is for you, the first step is to contact me at 262-716-8151 or text us for faster response. Or email us with your contact information and resume at email@example.com.
- We will have a phone interview and once we determine we will be a mutual fit, then the licensing process starts
- Loan Officers who were exempt from licensing due to working at FDIC financial institutions need to go to NMLS LICENSING and get licensed
- Once you get your NMLS ID number, you need to register and complete a 20-hour NMLS Approved pre-licensing course
- I can recommend you to several schools or you can find a school of your choice online
- Once you complete the 20-hour pre-licensing course, you then need to take your federal NMLS federal exam, which is a three hour, 125 question examination and receive at least a 75% for a passing grade
- Once you have passed your federal NMLS examination, you can then apply for your mortgage loan originator license for the state or states you want to originate loans in
- We, as a company, are licensed in multiple states with our goal being to be licensed in all 50 states
- The federal NMLS test will enable you to get licensed in most of the 50 states
- There are two states, Minnesota and Arkansas that will require individuals to take a separate exam
- Eventually, all 50 states will be part of the federal NMLS system so you do not have to take a separate state exam
- Part of the licensing process includes both a federal criminal background examination, state criminal background investigation, and credit check
- Once you are cleared, you will be sponsored and will receive your credentials which include your corporate email address, access to a corporate computer network, credit bureau logins, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Automated Underwriting System, and other important and private logins so you can originate loans from wherever you are at
- You will receive a one on one training and the first 20 to 30 files you work with will be with a senior mortgage loan originator
- You will not be alone and will be working with a team
We have a family atmosphere and every new recruit is treated as a member of the family. If you want to get started, contact Gustan Cho Associates at 262-716-8151 or text us for a faster response. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.