Being Your Own Boss As A Remote Mortgage Loan Officer
This Article On Being Your Own Boss As A Remote Mortgage Loan Officer Was Written By Michael Gracz, National Sales Manager of Gustan Cho Associates
Are you tired of every day “9 to 5” grind and doing the same routine day in and day out?
- Are you sick of your boss and how other coworkers get away with coasting?
- Are you sick of being stuck making a salary, working hard, and being rewarded with 3% or less raise annually?
- You know the company is profitable and successful, but why can’t you get a piece of the pie?
- The problem with all these scenarios is that you have a boss and different people to report to on a daily basis
- You are just a rank and file employee who is probably easily expendable if you should speak up or voice concern
- What can you do about this?
Advice In Being Your Own Boss
The key to breaking this cycle is finding something you are passionate about where you can be your own boss:
- Make the rules, and ultimately have unlimited earning potential
- For those individuals who take the chance on themselves will be rewarded handsomely
- I am not saying it is a guarantee that you are going to get out there and make a fortune, but if you put in the work and hours, you will get noticed and grow your business/brand
- This is not to say that you won’t face growing pains as every self-employed individual experience in one way or another
- These experiences will only make you stronger
If you can learn from them, this will be a foundation for future growth.
The American Dream Of Being Your Own Boss
Let me tell you how this all relates to me and my current career path and previous history and my dream of being your own boss.
- I have always wanted to run my own company and produce my own wealth for as long as I could remember and wondered how being your own boss is like
- When I was 22 I started a business for mobile car inspections for individuals purchasing used vehicles
- I started a grassroots campaign and grew my business from a hobby to a part-time job as I was still working full-time for the “man”
- After a few years of doing this and getting pushed out of the arena by the internet, I stayed under the radar for the next few years until I showed up again
This time running a part-time accounting business.
Utilize Previous Work Experience For Your Benefit
I was using my background as an accountant to perform accounting service for other small businesses who needed my help and couldn’t afford a $25/hr professional.
- At its biggest, I had 11 clients who all needed work is done on a weekly/monthly basis
- After a while, I had my first growing pain as I tried to increase my rate
- It scared some customers away
- It just so happened these were my bigger accounts
- What could I do?
- It was a combination of a miscalculation on my part and an overreaction on their part
- This was alright, you live and learn and move on
- I am still doing this currently but am only running 3-4 clients as I still work full-time for the time being
- My last endeavor into self-employment before my current situation is running a web and app development company here in the suburbs of Chicago
- I advertise my services on craigslist and obtain business by offering below-market pricing on website and app development
- I have a network of smart “tech” guys where I can offer rates that are 50% or cheaper than my competitors
- We all work remotely and keep our margins down that way
In the last 12 months, I have grossed over $25,000.
Being Your Own Boss In The Mortgage Business
This brings me to where I am today.
- That is about to join the mortgage industry as a licensed mortgage loan officer
- Given my support and connections with Gustan Cho Associates, I am assured that I have all the necessary skills
- Then some to be a top performer in this industry
- I am more than a robot who cold calls on the phone all-day
- I am a guy with a vested interest in the approval and funding of every loan I plan on completing
- I will treat all my clients like family and through my hard-work, this turned out to be my lifetime career
- I can finally do away with the “9 to 5”
- I can embrace this full-time self-employed environment
- As I was just thinking in-depth about this today, I was thinking about how great I got it being part of Gustan Cho Associates
- To make my daughter breakfast and take her to school every day
- Then be there when she gets out where I can see her run to the car with a huge grin on her face
- Do I want the freedom to work any and all hours of the day?
- Of course, I do, and so should you
- I know that putting the hard work in will reward me financially
- At the end of the day, this is just a bonus to helping people
In closing, this may not be for everyone. There are definitely a lot of people out there who like punching the clock, putting their time in, and going home. To each their own, but this is definitely NOT me. Put in the work and you will be rewarded! May you enjoy all the successes the world can bring you!
About The Author
Michael Gracz is the National Sales Manager for Gustan Cho Associates Mortgage Group. Gustan Cho Associates is a national mortgage company licensed in multiple states with no overlays. We are Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac approved and can originate and fund government and conventional loans. Mike is also a contributing editor for Gustan Cho Associates Commercial And Residential Mortgage Information Center.
Due to his extensive knowledge not just being an expert seasoned loan officer but his overall life experience in almost every aspect of life. Mike is one of the most talented individuals I have ever met and will ever meet. This fine young man has natural born leadership and gets along with everyone. He is extremely likable and people gravitate towards him. Looking forward to Michael Gracz to keep on growing with our company. As our national sales manager, he will help me expand our teamwork nationwide. If you are an aggressive hard working individual and would like to learn more -about career opportunities as a loan officer contact Michael Gracz at 630-649-7644 or email Mike at [email protected] Gustan Cho Associates is hiring experienced remote loan officers nationwide. One year of full-time loan origination experience is required.