High Debt To Income Ratio Mortgage Loans
This BLOG On High Debt To Income Ratio Mortgage Loans Was UPDATED On December 4th, 2018
Many borrowers think they will not qualify for a mortgage loan because they have high debt to income ratio. Many lenders have overlays on high debt to income ratio mortgage loans. The best loan program for high debt to income ratio mortgage loans is FHA Loans.
- They are correct in a sense that the majority of lenders like to see borrower debt to income ratio no more than 43%
- The requirement of 43% debt to income ratio is an overlay by the individual lender and is not HUD Guidelines
- FHA Guidelines On Debt To Income Ratios allows up to 46.9% front end DTI and 56.9% back end DTI for borrowers with 620 credit scores or higher
- The Gustan Cho Team at Loan Cabin Inc. specializes in originating and funding government and conventional loans with no lender overlays
Lenders Specializing In High Debt To Income Ratio Mortgage Loans
If you have high debt to income ratio, I suggest that you consult a mortgage broker who specializes in high debt to income ratio mortgage loans.
- Not all lenders have the same DTI Requirements.
- Every lender has different lender overlays on debt to income ratio as well as credit scores overlays
- Just because one lender has a maximum debt to income ratio requirement of 43%, doesn’t mean that all lenders do
- As mentioned earlier FHA Guidelines on debt to income ratio is 56.9% back end and 46.9% front end on FHA Loans
Conventional DTI Requirements
Conventional loans have tougher debt to income ratio mortgage lending guidelines.
- Fannie Mae caps DTI to 45% to get an approve/eligible per Automated Underwriting System automated approval
- Freddie Mac caps Debt To Income Ratio to 50% for an AUS automated approval
- Minimum credit scores on Conventional Loans is 620 FICO
Solutions To High Debt To Income Ratio Mortgage Loans
Other ways of solving a high debt to income ratio problem is paying off existing debt and creditors.
- Paying off open credit card balances to eliminate the monthly payments would be a great start
- Most times a car payment can be $300 dollars or more per month
- Paying off car loan can give a lot of buying power
- Trading in existing high payment car payment to a lower car payment can help
Borrowers with high debt to income ratio trying to qualify for FHA Loans are allowed to have non-occupant co-borrowers added on the loan.
- The Federal Housing Administration allows multiple non owner occupied co-borrowers
- Freddie Mac allows non-occupant co-borrowers
Mortgage lenders have income requirements.
- Overtime income , part time income, bonus income can be used as additional income
- Overtime income, part time income, commission income, and bonuses can be used as other income
- This holds true only if borrower has two year history of earning such income
- If it is close to 2 years, a letter will be required by the company human resources department stating that borrower will be guaranteed so many hours for the next six to twelve months can be used
- Rental income can be used if declared it on income tax returns
- Depreciation can be added back on as income if stated on income tax returns
Mortgage borrowers who have higher debt to income ratio and looking for a lender with no lender overlays can call us at 262-716-8151 or text us for faster response. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.