3 Simple Marketing Ideas For Mortgage Loan Originators
This Article On 3 Simple Marketing Ideas For Mortgage Loan Originators Was Written By Nicholas Ferrante NMLS 1110570 Of The Gustan Cho Team at CrossCountry Mortgage
Buying a house can be a stressful process, particularly for a first-time home buyer. Getting approved for a mortgage loan can be one of the greatest sources of anxiety. One of the biggest factors for a client in choosing a loan officer is finding someone they trust. Since taking out a mortgage has such serious implications, people need to feel like they can get their questions answered by someone who has their best interest at the forefront, and has knowledge of the market. I think that many times we forget that we were once on the other side of the client relationship. We forget what it’s like to be them and well, what it’s like to be an expert. Hey, it’s easy to do and it’s actually a phenomenon often called “familiarity blindness.” Assuming that these traits describe you, how then, can you market yourself in a way that demonstrates your trustworthiness? Read on!
1st Of The 3 Simple Marketing Ideas For Mortgage Loan Originators
1. Be a Teacher, Not a Salesman Well, certainly everyone thinking about buying a home understands that you have to factor in the cost of home owner’s insurance, right? I mean, that’s pretty basic stuff… In reality, your clients may not be familiar with those costs – or even worse, may be making decisions based on inaccurate information they picked up along the way.
2nd Marketing Tool
2. The 2nd of The 3 Simple Marketing Ideas For Mortgage Loan Originators is being a teacher to your borrowers.
- This is the perfect example of why you need to have a teacher’s mentality with your clients.
- The good news is – being a teacher is also an outstanding marketing tactic.
- One of the best ways to share your expertise is through your website/blog.
- This is also an opportunity to build your own brand, as a loan officer who is a true expert in the field and someone that will be open and honest with their clients.
- That is why I love the business philosophy “We make life-time friends with our clients”.
- It shows that this company really cares about their clients and empowers them by keeping them educated about the process.
- It’s a great feeling to know what is going on with the largest financial transaction in a person’s life.
- A great way to implement this is to write down the most common questions you hear, and then take time to answer those questions on your website in a more general way.
- For instance, if you get a phone call today and someone asks “Can I still buy a house if I don’t have a down payment?”
- Answer the question over the phone, then come back later and create a blog post titled “Can I Buy A House Without a Down payment?” and write out an informative answer.
- If someone asked you that question, you can rest assured that many other people are asking the same question of Google.
- The second way is similar to the first.
- You’ll still be using your website as your platform to share information, but this time you’ll be doing keyword research to find out exactly what questions/topics you should be targeting.
3rd Marketing Tactic For Mortgage Loan Originators
Keyword research is important because it tells you how often things are searched for, and it tells you how difficult it would be to rank near the top of Google for that search phrase (AKA keyword).
- The ideal strategy is to find keywords that have low competition – meaning that you can rank on page 1 of Google faster and easier.
- 2. Send Lumpy Mail Snail mail is dead, right? You might assume that sending out direct mail would simply be wasting your money, but here’s something a little different to try: Denielle Lue, owner of Stitch to My Lue Promotions, has found that spending a little on “lumpy” mail goes a long way.
- She defines lumpy mail as any traditional/snail mail that “clearly contains a “gift” inside, thus “lumpy” mail.
- The recipient can feel the item in the packaging, prompting them to open it!
- This can be anything from stationary to magnets to pens. Response rates jump from 1-2% to over 30-50% with this approach according to some sources.
- Denielle gave an example of sending out a branded USB charger, but you could do anything small, creative item that might tie into buying a home.
- Giving a small, thoughtful gift will get people to open your mail and make them more likely to respond since you took a ‘give first’ approach.
Getting Free Publicity With Marketing Ideas For Mortgage Loan Originators
Getting Free Publicity is part of the 3 Simple Marketing Ideas For Mortgage Loan Originators :
- One of my favorite marketing techniques that I’ve heard of actually doesn’t cost a dime, and it works exceptionally well for loan officers and real estate professionals.
- If you’ve not heard of HARO – Help a Reporter Out – you are missing out on free publicity.
- The idea is that journalists, bloggers, and others in the media use HARO to send out queries when they are up against a deadline and need a source.
- You simply need to sign up for their emails, and you’ll get about 3 emails per day full of questions that you can respond to in the hopes of being quoted in their story.
- The idea is that you really give excellent answers to any query you respond to.
- Be thorough and in-depth, so you are more likely to be used in the story.
- When your quote is included, you’ll typically have a link back to your website in addition to the great publicity and notoriety you receive by being cited as an expert on a major media outlet’s story.
- It’s truly a win-win.
About The Author Of Marketing Ideas For Mortgage Loan Originators: Nicholas Ferrante Of The Gustan Cho Team At CrossCountry Mortgage
The author of this article Marketing Ideas For Mortgage Loan Originators is Nicholas Ferrante of CrossCountry Mortgage NMLS 3029. Nick Ferrante NMLS 1110570 is a writer for Gustan Cho Associates Mortgage Information Center and a licensed mortgage loan originator with The Gustan Cho Team at CrossCountry Mortgage. Nick Ferrante of CrossCountry Mortgage is based in Oak Brook, Illinois and is an expert in the following loan programs:
- FHA Loans with no overlays: As long as you have a 580 Credit Score and get an automated approval via AUS, we will close on your FHA Loan.
- USDA Loans with no investor overlays: As long as you have a 580 Credit Score and get an automated approval via AUS, we will close on your USDA Loan.
- VA Loans with high DTI and no lender overlays: As long as you have a 580 Credit Score and get an automated approval via AUS, we will close on your VA Loan.
- Conventional Financing with zero overlays
- Jumbo Mortgages up to 90% LTV and lower credit scores
- NON-QM Loans such as one day out of bankruptcy and foreclosure, bank statement only loan programs, and no income docs required
Nick Ferrante NMLS 1110570 of The Gustan Cho Team Rapid Response Group at CrossCountry Mortgage has a national reputation among realtors and mortgage industry professionals for doing the impossible and is known for helping borrowers who have trouble qualifying at banks and other mortgage lenders who have lender overlays. Nicholas Ferrante of The Gustan Cho Team represents a five star national mortgage company that is licensed in 50 states and has a rock solid reputation for closing loans in 21 days and has no overlays on government and Conventional Loan Programs. Nicholas Ferrante NMLS 1110570 is available 7 days a week to take calls from those who are seeking mortgage advice and can be reached at 262-878-1965 or you can email us at email@example.com.