203k Rehab Mortgage Mississippi Mortgage Guidelines
203k Rehab Mortgage Mississippi Mortgage Guidelines
This Blog On 203k Rehab Mortgage Mississippi Mortgage Guidelines Was UPDATED On November 3rd, 2018
Housing prices in Mississippi has been rising year after year since 2012. Many homeowners in Mississippi own homes in dire repair due to not having flood insurance. Many homes in the state of Mississippi got damaged due to the floods and hurricane in the past 10 years. Now homeowners in Mississippi can qualify for HUD’s 203k Loans to do repairs. Mississippi home buyers can also purchase fixer uppers and customize it with our 203k Loan Program at Gustan Cho Associates at Loan Cabin Inc.
203k Rehab Mortgage Mississippi are one of the most popular mortgage loan programs out today.
- The United States Department Of Housing and Urban Development, or HUD, is the parent of the Federal Housing Administration, or FHA
- FHA has the 203k Rehab Mortgages
- This loan program is an acquisition and rehab mortgage loan all combined in one loan and one closing
Here is a loan scenario illustrating using a FHA 203k Rehab Mortgage:
- For example, here is a case scenario:
- Say a home buyer wants to purchase a foreclosure
- Property is currently not habitable
- Sellers want $100,000
- It takes $100,000 to get it rehabbed and habitable
- So, the home buyer will need a total of $200,000 to have the acquisition and construction for this home purchase project
- Most lenders will not lend on a property that is not in good condition and habitable
- This is when a home buyer can utilize the 203k Rehab Mortgage to purchase the home
- Have the acquisition and rehabilitation funding for the repairs all in one mortgage loan with very little money down payment
- Many home buyers, especially first time home buyers, do not have the cash to do the rehab and construction funding
- Second mortgages are very difficult to secure these
- Unless there is a lot of equity in the home being rehabbed
- The 203k Rehab Mortgage is the answer to many home buyers who have very little cash to put down on a home purchase
- The rehab funding is out of the question to make their custom dream home come true
- 203k Rehab Mortgage may be the answer to a home buyer who wants to purchase a fixer upper
- Turn that fixer upper into their dream home making into a reality
- 203k Rehab Mortgage has been specifically created and launched for home buyers who want to get financing for the cost of home renovations into an acquisition and construction loan
- This can be done with a very low down payment and making it affordable
How Do I Qualify For FHA 203k Rehab Mortgage Loans?
All borrowers need to qualify for FHA Loan Requirements.
Need to meet 203k Rehab Mortgage FHA Lending Guidelines:
203k Rehab Mortgage Loans are FHA Loans so there are two parts in the FHA 203k Rehab Mortgage Qualification Requirements:
- The borrower needs to meet all FHA Mortgage Lending Guidelines
- FHA 203k Rehab Loans are considered higher risk files
- Most lenders do have lender overlays
- Have higher mortgage rates due to being considered higher risk
- Do not allow for Manual Underwriting
- Lenders normally have overlays
- Most Lenders will require a 640 FICO
- The Gustan Cho Team at Loan Cabin Inc. can qualify borrowers for FHA 203k Loans with lower credit scores
How Does The FHA 203k Rehab Loans Work?
The way 203k Rehab Mortgage Loans work is as follows:
- 203k Rehab Mortgage Loan Programs will require the borrower to put a 3.5% down payment on the acquisition and construction based on the after improved value of the property
- Homeowners refinancing their homes with a 203k Rehab Mortgage can go up to 110% of the after improved value of the property based on the after improved value on the appraisal
- Funding for the 203k Rehab Mortgage consists of the home purchase price, improvements needed to be made on the home
- Two types of FHA 203k Rehab Mortgage:
- Streamline which limits construction budget to $35,000
- Standard Full Standard FHA 203k Rehab Mortgage Loan Program which there is no limit on the construction budget
- This holds true as long as the property appraises out with the after value appraisal
- FHA Loan does not go over the maximum FHA Loan Limit cap
Benefits Of 203k Mortgage
There are many benefits for utilizing the 203k Rehab Mortgage Program.
- Opportunity to purchase a fixer upper where buyers could not have been able to and customize their fixer upper into a dream custom home
- Ability not just to remodel but also to do room addition and add square footage to home purchase where it will add major value to their home
- Basement remodeling, attic remodeling, and room additions are allowed with 203k Rehab Mortgage Loan Programs
- Renovations on fixer upper home purchases can be quite expensive
- HUD 203k Loans will give buyers the opportunity to choose the contractor of their choice and choose their own materials and decor on the rehab of their home
- Almost as good as having your home build
If you are interested in getting more information on Rehab Mortgage Loans, please contact The Gustan Cho Team at Loan Cabin at 262-716-8151 or text us for faster resposne. We are available 7 days a week, evenings, weekends, and holidays. You can also email Gustan Cho at firstname.lastname@example.org.