VA Cash-Out Refinance Mortgage Guidelines On VA Loans
This BLOG On VA Cash-Out Refinance Mortgage Guidelines On VA Loans Was PUBLISHED On May 14th, 2019
VA Cash Out Refinance Mortgage Guidelines On VA Home Loans For 2019:
- Gustan Cho Associates at Loan Cabin are experts in VA mortgage financing
- We are direct lenders with no overlays on VA Loans
- We specialize in VA purchases but are also experts when it comes to cash out refinances
- We are direct lenders without any LENDER OVERLAYS on our VA loan products
- By this point, the majority of our followers know about the new rule for VA Cash-out refinance has put in place on February 15th, 2019
- If you would like more information on the rule change, please see VA CASH OUT UPDATE BLOG (FEB 2019)
In this blog, we will dive into some basics of the cash out program, how to start your cash out the application, and the cash out rules for MULTI FAMILY homes.
VA Cash-Out Refinance And VA Streamline Options On VA Loans
Many of our VA clients are ecstatic when they close on their new home.
- We do our best to educate our clients by letting them know that they will soon have to refinance options available to them
- If interest rates go down, they can utilize the IRRRL (VA INTEREST RATE REDUCTION LOAN) to lower their overall payment through the VA or utilize a cash-out refinance
- The cash-out refinance option is often overlooked by many veterans
Many veterans utilize a cash-out refinance to use a portion of their home’s equity to pay off consumer debt, school debt, make home improvements, or take care of other needs.
New Rules On VA Cash-Out Refinance Mortgage Guidelines
The rules changed on February 15th, 2019, now a veteran may cash out up to 100% of the value of their property.
- After the rule change, the 100% LTV (loan-to-value) must include all closing costs as well as the VA funding fee
- Example; if your home is worth $200,000, the cash-out refinance loan amount may not exceed $200,000 in total
- Before February 15th, 2019, a veteran was allowed to have the base loan amount of $200,000 and add the VA funding fee to that amount
- Since this rule is still new, please reach out to Mike Gracz on 630-659-7644 to go over more specifics
- A cash-out refinance through a VA loan is a great benefit for those who fought for our country
This is the only loan program we offer where you make cash out up to 100% of the value of your home!
How To Start The VA Cash-Out Refinance Mortgage Process
How to start a VA Cash-Out loan?
To start your VA cash-out refinance, you must be in your VA mortgage loan for at least 210 days and have made six ON TIME payments. This is a VA requirement before you may refinance the original loan. Assuming you meet the timeframe requirements, you then will gather the following documents:
- Driver’s License
- Last 30 Days of Pay Stubs
- Last Two Years Tax Returns
- Last Two Years W2 or 1099s
- Current Mortgage Statement
- Homeowner’s Insurance Policy
- Certificate of Eligibility
Next, you will contact Gustan Cho Associates at Loan Cabin.
- Call Mike Gracz on 630-659-7644 directly. Mike will assist you or connect you with one of his highly skilled loan officers licensed in your state
- You will fill out an online application which allows the loan officer to get your pre-qualified to refinance
- The refinance process is quite simple
- After being pre-qualified, you will then sign a complete loan application, have an appraisal completed, and close on your new mortgage loan
VA Cash-Out Refinance Mortgage Guidelines On Multi-Family Homes
VA Cash-out refinance guidelines for multi-family homes:
We receive calls every week asking about multi-family homes and VA mortgages.
- These guidelines are incredibly tough to research on your own because there is not much information available
- The good news is, you may utilize your VA benefits to purchase a single-family home all the way up to 4-unit property
- Of course, you must live in one of the units as you may only use your VA benefits for a primary residence
- For more information, please see VA 2 to 4-UNIT HOME GUIDELINES blog
- This article is aimed at cash-out refinance guidelines
- When it comes to multi-unit properties, the VA guidelines for cash out are the same as for single-family residences
- Meaning you may not go above100% loan to value and your reserve requirement must be met
The same seasoning requirements of 210 days and 6 ON TIME payments apply.
Waiting Period To Do VA Cash-Out Refinance Mortgage
A common question being asked is; what the cash are out time frame requirements if you purchase the home in cash.
- The same is true for a single-family home or a 2 – 4 unit property
- The rule is, you MUST be on title for a least 180 days before you are eligible for a cash-out refinance
- Once you are seasoned on the title, you may then cash-out the equity in your home
Gustan Cho Associates at Loan Cabin understand the mortgage guidelines are incredibly confusing. That is why we asked you to call us, the experts for more information. Every mortgage is unique to a specific borrower. It is best to go over your exact situation with one of our loan officers. We will set up a one on one appointment to make sure you get the attention you deserve. We understand there is a lot of information out there regarding VA mortgages, that is why it is important to contact us at Gustan Cho Associates directly. The Team at Gustan Cho Associates Mortgage Group are available 7 days a week, mornings and evenings. We look forward to assisting you and your families with your next mortgage.