VA Certificate Of Eligibility To Qualify For VA Home Loans
This BLOG On VA Certificate Of Eligibility To Qualify For VA Home Loans Was PUBLISHED On October 17th, 2019
Active duty service members, veterans, and spouses of deceased eligible veterans of our Armed Services are eligible to qualify for VA Home Loans.
- However, just serving in one of our branches of the United States Military does not automatically qualify them to be eligible for VA Loans
- Only veterans, both active and retired, need to have VA Certificate Of Eligibility (COE) to qualify for VA Mortgages
- Eligibility status is stated on Veteran’s Discharge Paperwork (DD214)
In this article, we will cover and discuss the VA Certificate Of Eligiblity To Qualify For VA Home Loans.
More On VA Certificate Of Eligibility
Veterans can obtain and request their VA Certificate of Eligibility by completing VA Form 26-1880
Veterans can then request and apply for their VA Certificate of Eligibility.
- Good news is that most lenders will assist veterans with obtaining their VA Certificate of Eligibility
- Most lenders have access to the VA website for ebenefits where they can obtain this for their borrowers in a matter of minutes if not seconds
- If there is any change of status such as marrying another veteran with COE or any other major changes in status, then the case number may not be able to be processed online through the web portal
In situations like those, lenders will submit a the VA Form 26-1880 (request for Certificate of Eligibility) directly to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs with proof of military service of borrowers.
Proof Of Service And Eligibility
Here is how proof of service is submitted to The United States Veterans Administration:
If you are still serving on regular active duty, you must include an original statement of service signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters which identifies you and your social security number, and provides your date of entry on your current active duty period and the duration of any time lost.
Veterans discharged from regular active duty after January 1, 1950 should attach a copy of DD Form 214 and/or Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty to VA Form 26-1880 when requesting COE.
- Veterans discharged after October 1, 1979, they should include DD Form 214 copy 4
- Also provide and submit copies of documents and save the original in the event it gets lost
Reservists And National Guard Service Members
Reservists and National Guard Service Members can qualify for VA Certificate Of Eligibility after six years of service.
- Veterans from the Air Force and/or Army National Guard can provide NGB Form 22, Separation Report, and Service Record and/or NGB FORM 23 or its equivalent including Retirement Points Accounting
- Selected Reservists may provide the most latest annual points statement of service
Bottom line is that six years of continuous honorable service is mandatory to be eligible for VA Certificate Of Eligibility.
Benefits And Qualification Requirements On VA Mortgages
VA Loans is the best mortgage loan program in the U.S. Only select members of our military and spouses of deceased veterans can qualify for VA Home Loans.
- 100% financing with no down payment on owner occupant home purchases
- No annual mortgage insurance on VA Loans
- VA mortgage rates are normally lower than conforming loans
- There is no credit score requirements nor debt to income ratio caps on VA Loans
- Outstanding collections and charged off accounts do not have to be paid to qualify
- VA Loan Limits is at $453,100
- However, veterans can purchase higher end homes and get larger VA Loan Limits as long as they can come up with 25% on any loan amount greater than $453,100
Veterans with active VA Certificate of Eligibility can contact us at GCA Mortgage Group to get qualified and start the pre-approval mortgage process at 262-716-8151 or text us for faster response. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. GCA Mortgage Group has no overlays on government and conventional loans. Our team of licensed and support personnel is available 7 days a week, evenings, weekends, and holidays.