Non-QM Jumbo Mortgages For Self Employed Borrowers
This Article Is About Non-QM Jumbo Mortgages For Self Employed Borrowers
Government and conventional loans have a maximum loan limit. The maximum loan limit depends on the individual loan program. Gustan Cho Associates Mortgage Group now offers Non-QM jumbo mortgages for self-employed borrowers with credit scores as low as 500 FICO. No income tax returns are required. A 10% to 30% down payment on a home purchase is required on non-QM and alternative financing loan programs.
Besides non-QM loans, Gustan Cho Associates offers traditional jumbo loans with a 10% down payment and credit scores down to 660 FICO. The debt to income ratio is capped at 50% on the 90% LTV jumbo loan programs.
The amount of down payment required depends on borrowers’ credit scores and other factors. Non-QM lenders calculate income on bank statement loans by averaging 12 months of bank statement deposits. That monthly average is the borrower’s monthly income. Income tax returns are not required. Withdrawals do not matter and do not count.
Up to 50% debt to income ratios. Now self-employed borrowers who have a lot of write-offs on their tax returns can qualify for Non-QM jumbo mortgages with no tax returns. In this article, we will cover and discuss Non-QM Jumbo Mortgages For Self Employed Borrowers.
Loan Limits On Home Loans
Conventional Loans and Government Loans have maximum loan limits. Any loan amount exceeding loan limits are called non-conforming loans or jumbo loans:
- For example, FHA standard loan limits are capped at $359,362 unless the property is located in a high-cost area.
- For example, FHA loan limits in Sarasota, Tampa, and surrounding areas are capped at $362,362 whereas areas in Palm Beach County, Miami Dade County are capped at $402,500.
- The higher FHA loan limits are set by HUD, the parent of FHA, in counties that are classified as high-cost areas.
- For conventional loans, the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation, Freddie Mac, and the Federal National Mortgage Association regulate the home loan industry.
- FHFA, The Federal Housing Finance Agency, is the governmental agency that regulates Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac sets conforming loan limits.
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac regulate conforming guidelines and set maximum lending limits.
- Today, the maximum conventional loan limits are capped at $548,250 in most counties in the United States.
- Standards set by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are secured by FHFA and are called conforming loans.
Any mortgage loans that fall outside the conforming lending limits are classified as non-conforming loans or JUMBO MORTGAGES.
What Are Jumbo Mortgages?
Jumbo Mortgages are residential mortgage loans that fall over the maximum lending limits set by FHFA. It is called non-conforming loans since it does not conform to the government’s maximum lending limit. Any mortgage loan over the maximum lending conforming limit of $548,250 is considered a Jumbo mortgage. Jumbo mortgages normally have higher interest rates. Qualifications are much tougher than conforming loans. Gustan Cho Associates now offers Jumbo Loans with a 10% down payment. The minimum credit score required is 660 FICO. The maximum debt to income ratio to qualify for a 90% LTV Jumbo Mortgage is 50%. This is a traditional jumbo loan program and NOT a non-QM loan product.
To get approved for Jumbo mortgages, the home needs to appraise. The appraiser needs comparable sales of the higher-priced homes.
Home Buyers can not have a white elephant where most of the homeowners in the neighborhood have standard conforming loans because it will be difficult to get comparable sales. If the house is the only high-end home that is larger and more expensive than the norm, it will be difficult for the appraiser to get comparable sales. Most folks who seek Jumbo mortgages need to put a 20% down payment. Most jumbo lenders require credit scores 700 or higher. Maximum debt to income ratios is capped at 50%. Jumbo borrowers who are seeking the best available interest rates need credit scores of 740 FICO or higher and loan to value at 75%. Jumbo mortgage interest rates are normally 0.50% higher than regular conforming interest rates.
Conforming Loan Limits
Conforming loan limits set by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for 2021 are capped at $548,250 on counties that are not classified as high-cost areas.
- Two-unit buildings, the maximum conforming limit is capped at $702,000.
- For borrowers of three-unit buildings, the maximum conforming limit is capped at $848,500.
- The maximum amount for a 4 unit property for a conforming loan is $1,054,500.
- Conforming limits are capped at higher amounts for Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, and the United States Virgin Islands.
- For these areas, the maximum conforming lending limit for a single-family home is $822,350.
- Borrowers two-unit residential properties in high-cost areas, it is $1,053,000.
- High-balance three-unit properties conforming loan limit is capped at $1,272,750.
- For four-unit properties, it is capped at $1,581,750.
Non-QM Mortgages Versus Jumbo Mortgage Lending Guidelines
Non-QM Mortgages have much more lenient lending guidelines than traditional jumbo loans. Jumbo Mortgages have tougher mortgage lending criteria than conventional mortgage loans. There is no waiting period after foreclosure, deed in lieu of foreclosure, short sale to qualify for NON-QM Jumbo Mortgages. Borrowers with 620 credit scores can qualify for Non-QM jumbo mortgages where traditional jumbo lenders want 700 credit scores. 10% to 20% down payment is required on jumbo Non-QM jumbo mortgages where most traditional jumbo lenders want a 10% to 25% down payment. There is no mortgage insurance required on jumbo Non-QM jumbo mortgages even with higher than 80% loan to value.
Non-QM Mortgage Rates Versus Traditional Rates
Interest rates on Non-QM Jumbo mortgages are slightly higher than traditional jumbo loans.
Most Jumbo mortgage lenders require a minimum of 20% to 25% down payment on a home purchase. To get the best Jumbo mortgage interest rates, the Jumbo mortgage loan borrower should have at least a 740 credit score, have a 25% down payment, have no more than a 40% debt to income ratio, and have reserves on traditional jumbo loans. However, NON-QM Jumbo Mortgages with lower credit scores. 10% to 20% down payment. 50% debt to income ratio caps on Non-QM jumbo mortgages. The down payment requirements depend on the borrower’s credit scores.
Special NON-QM Jumbo Mortgages For Self Employed Borrowers
We now offer a 10% down payment, 90% loan to value, with no private mortgage insurance required to qualified borrowers.
- Non-QM Mortgages for self-employed borrowers is a special jumbo loan program where no tax returns are required
- 12 months of bank statement deposits are averaged and the monthly deposits are used as monthly income
- Borrowers can use personal and/or business bank statements
- 100% of deposits can be used on personal bank statements
- 50% of deposits are used on business bank statements
- Needs to be from the same bank account and multiple bank statements are not allowed
Overdrafts are not allowed.
Minimum Credit Scores Down To 500 FICO On Non-QM Loans
To qualify, the Jumbo mortgage loan borrower needs to have a minimum credit score of 500:
- The borrower’s debt to income ratios cannot be greater than 50% DTI
- Private mortgage insurance is not required on Non-QM jumbo mortgages with higher than 80% LTV
The Jumbo mortgage lender wants to see a strong credit borrower with ample reserves and assets.
80/10/10 Mortgage Loan Programs For Jumbo Home Buyers
An alternative to Jumbo mortgage loans is the 80/10/10 mortgage loan program. This is where the home buyer who wants to purchase a higher-priced home that exceeds the $548,250 conforming limit caps can get a first conventional loan and get a second mortgage.
- As long as the home buyer can put a 10% down payment and get a $548,250 conforming loan approved, the difference can be funded from a second mortgage
- However, most second mortgage lenders want a 700 credit score and debt to income ratio not exceeding 43%
Home Buyers interested in qualifying for NON-QM Jumbo Mortgages, please contact us at Gustan Cho Associates at 262-716-8151 or text us for a faster response. Or email us at [email protected] The team at Gustan Cho Associates is available 7 days a week, evenings, weekends, and holidays.