Loan Programs With No Waiting Period After Bankruptcy And Foreclosure
Loan Programs With No Waiting Period After Bankruptcy Was UPDATED On January 4th, 2019
HUD has a mandatory waiting period after bankruptcy and foreclosure. Loan Programs With No Waiting Period After Bankruptcy and Foreclosure is offered by Gustan Cho Associates. These loan programs are called NON-QM Loans.
- Currently, the waiting period is two years from the date of the discharge date for those who have a prior bankruptcy to qualify for FHA Loans
- The waiting period is three years for those folks who have had a foreclosure, deed in lieu of foreclosure, or short sale
- Foreclosures and deed in lieu of foreclosures waiting period starts from the date the deed was transferred out of the homeowners’ name into the name of the lender
- On short sales, it is the date of the sale which is reflected in the HUD settlement statement
In this article, we will cover and discuss Loan Programs With No Waiting Period After Bankruptcy And Foreclosure.
HUD FHA Back To Work Loan Program Discontinued
HUD used to have the FHA Back To Work extenuating circumstances which are no longer in effect.
- FHA Back to Work Extenuating Circumstances mortgage loan program turned out to be a flop
- Not everyone could qualify for this special program
- As of January 2019, lenders have discontinued this loan program
- This loan program turned out to be a major mess
- Only a few percentages of the applicants were successful in closing their FHA BACK TO WORK Loans
- Most lenders have given up totally on the FHA Back to Work and have turned to NON-QM Loans
The great news is that Gustan Cho Associates offers NON-QM Loan Programs With No Waiting Period After Bankruptcy And Foreclosure.
Loan Programs With No Waiting Period After Bankruptcy
First of all, the FHA Back to Work Extenuating Circumstances mortgage programs is no longer in effect.
- FHA Back to Work Extenuating Circumstances mortgage loans are manual underwrites
- So lenders who only manually underwrite mortgage loans can do these loans
- Majority of lenders do not do manual underwrites
- Every case is based on a case by case basis
- The first thing I would need to be sure that you qualify for the FHA Back to Work Extenuating Circumstances loan program is to get a detailed letter of explanation as of the reason why you had to file bankruptcy and/or had to undergo a foreclosure
- The borrower needs to provide proof that he or she has had at least a 20% reduction in income for the six months
- Or have been unemployed or underemployed prior to the foreclosure and/or bankruptcy proceedings
- The borrower needs to have re-established his or her credit after their foreclosure and/or bankruptcy
- No late payments in the prior 12 months
- Rental verification is a must
- In the event, if the borrower has no rental verification, he or she must provide a letter
- This is often the case where the borrower has lived with family
A budget letter will most likely be required on how the borrower plans on paying his monthly housing and living expenses.
Housing Counseling Requirement
This BLOG is an update of a prior blog on the FHA Back To Work Loan Program. We are updating it for archival purposes.
A one-hour HUD-approved housing course is mandatory for those home buyers who plan on participating for the FHA Back to Work Extenuating Circumstances mortgage loan program.
- Cannot start processing and underwriting any FHA Back to Work Extenuating Circumstances mortgage loan application until 30 days after the borrower has completed the HUD one hour housing counseling program
Just because they meet the FHA Back to Work Extenuating Circumstances mortgage guidelines and qualify for this program, do not go and sign a real estate purchase contract without having the one-hour counseling completed and have waited your mandatory 30 days.
The FHA Back to Work Extenuating Circumstances one-year waiting period mortgage loan program that is no longer in effect. Borrowers who are looking for loan programs with no waiting period after bankruptcy and foreclosure can qualify for our new NON-QM Loan Programs. If you have any questions please feel to contact us at 262-716-8151 or text us for faster response. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit me at www.gustancho.com .
2019 UPDATE ON THE FHA BACK TO WORK MORTGAGE: THIS LOAN PROGRAM TURNED OUT TO BE A TOTAL FLOP AND COUNTLESS OF BORROWERS WENT THROUGH UNDUE STRESS. LESS THAN 5% OF THE LOAN APPLICANTS GOT THEIR LOANS TO BE ABLE TO CLOSE. BY THE END OF 2015, MOST LENDERS STOPPED DOING THE FHA BACK TO WORK MORTGAGE
This BLOG has been updated on January 4th, 2019. As many of you folks know, the FHA Back to Work Extenuating Circumstances Due To An Economic Event turned out to be one of the biggest disasters in modern HUD history. Only a minute fraction of borrowers who applied for this ill-fated mortgage loan program has been extremely fortunate to get a clear to close and close on their home loan with the BACK TO WORK MORTGAGE. Tens of thousands of borrowers who got a conditional loan approval with the FHA BACK TO WORK MORTGAGE submitted conditions stated on their conditional loan approval to later find out that the conditional loan approval has been overturned. This loan program sounded great on paper and it made all the sense in the world, however, for one reason or another, lenders could not adapt to this loan program. From day one, there was so much confusion. Lenders were confused but more importantly, HUD was confused also. Mortgage underwriters often contacted HUD to get conflicting answers. A lot of mortgage lenders who funded the FHA BACK TO WORK MORTGAGE found out that HUD would not insure them when it came to selling these loans to the secondary market.
Loan Programs With No Waiting Period After Bankruptcy And Foreclosure NOW Offered By Gustan Cho Associates
Loan Programs With No Waiting Period After Bankruptcy and Foreclosure is now offered by Gustan Cho Associates.
- NON-QM Loans do not have any waiting period after bankruptcy and foreclosure
- NON-QM Loan Programs With No Waiting Period After Bankruptcy And Foreclosure does require a minimum of 10% to 20% down payment,
- Mortgage interest rates a higher than FHA or Conventional Loans
- It is a great alternative mortgage program after bankruptcy and foreclosure without needing to wait for the two to four-year waiting period for conforming traditional home loans
The NON-QM Loan Programs With No Waiting Period After Bankruptcy And Foreclosure can be used as a short term bridge financing until the borrower can pass the waiting period requirements and refinance out of it into a lower interest FHA or Conventional Loan.