This BLOG On Feds Start Land Seizures Along Border Texas Border To Prepare For Border Wall Was PUBLISHED On January 27th, 2019
President Donald J. Trump pledged to build a border wall along the Southern Border in his election campaign.
- He is ready to honor that pledge
- However, Democrats are doing everything possible to obstruct the President with his plans
- Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and majority of Democrats all agreed to fund a border security wall prior to Donald Trump becoming President of the United States
- Now since Donald Trump became President, they are doing everything possible to give President Trump a hard time in honoring his pledge on funding the Wall
- Due to the border wall budget controversy, the government was shut down for 35 days
- The partial government shutdown affected many homeowners and home buyers
- Eventually President Trump gave in and reopened the government temporarily until February 15th 2019
- 25% of the government was shut down, affecting some estimated 800,000 federal workers
- The government can be shut down again come February 15th
- Or the government can remain open and the President can issue a national emergency and invoke Presidential Executive Privilege
- Feds Start Land Seizures along the Texas border already to prepare for the Wall
Feds Start Land Seizures started months ago. Many Texas homeowners can be impacted. They may lose their homes through eminent domain.
Feds Start Land Seizures Along Texas Border To Prepare To Build Wall
Feds Start Land Seizures months ago.
- They are continuing with negotiation talks with Texas homeowners to purchase their property through eminent domain
- As the fight for border security funding and family separations continue with Republicans and Democrats, U.S. Customs And Border Protection announced in moving forward with land acquisition
- Feds Start Land Seizures in the Rio Grande Valley and surrounding areas
They plan on building sections after sections of border walls.
Construction Plans Under Way In Texas
According to U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar, he told a group that he was told that the feds announced they have the initial funding and authorization for feds start land seizures.
- Cuellar is a Laredo Democrat who was at a border security meeting in McAllen Texas
- Those attending were local, county, and state government officials who their citizens will be affected with the installation of the Texas-Mexico Border Security Wall
Representative Henry Cuellar is a member of the House Appropriations Committee on Homeland Security. Representative Cuellar said properties will be seized in order to start building the sections of the wall that has been approved funding. $1.6 billion dollars was approved already for 65 miles of border security walls in the Valley. This amount is just a partial amount needed but at least it is a start.
Texas Homeowners Affected By Land Seizures
167 notifications have been sent out to homeowners in Hidalgo County Texas.
- Approximately 300 estimated homes are expected to be impacted
- Residents are being told in the areas that the border wall is being impacted and their surrounding communities
- Not too much information is being released
Only to homeowners that are affected by the partial building of border walls.
How Long Does Feds Start Land Seizures Take To Finalize
In general, land seizures by the federal government take time.
- It is not done and finalized in a matter of days and/or weeks
- It may take years if uncooperative homeowners decide to sue the government
- There are still pending eminent domain cases from over a decade away when President George W. Bush Administration invoked eminent domain to build walls
- There is a loophole in our federal laws that our government can invoke eminent domain where it expedites the process
- It is a Great Depression Era federal law that states the government can seize land to build the border security
- Homeowners can be compensated after acquisition and seizure of their properties
- This law was applied in the past where homeowners got their properties seized
- To this date, these landowners did not get paid
- Others are in court over the fair market value of their seized land
- Eminent domain opens up another controversy among politicians, homeowners, and the courts
The property the federal government seized in the past was more than 120 miles of the valley at a cost of $18.2 million.
Texas homeowners who get their land seized, the government needs to pay for relocation expenses. Gustan Cho Associates is a national lender with no overlays on government and conventional loans. We are licensed in Texas and dozens of other states. Homeowners impacted by land seizure can contact us at 800-900-8569 or text us for faster response. We can help homeowners get qualified and approved on home loans can close in two weeks or less. Or email us at email@example.com. Stay tuned for more information on the impact of border security and its impact on Texas homeowners and home buyers.
January 27, 2019 - 3 min read