- Corruption in Chicago has been an epidemic for many decades
- The FBI and other law enforcement agencies have been working diligently for years in investigating and indicting corrupt politicians
- There seems no slowdown in public corruption in Chicago
- In early 2019, news broke that Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker is under criminal investigation for property tax fraud
- Yesterday, President Donald J. Trump has commuted former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich’s 14-year sentenced
- The disgraced former Blagojevich was released late yesterday from a Colorado federal correctional facility where he has served 8 years
- Will J.B. Pritzker be next to go to federal prison for corruption and fraud?
- Time will tell
In this article, we will discuss and cover Chicago Ranked Most Corrupt City in the Nation.
Chicago Ranked Most Corrupt City In The Nation
A new study about public corruption found Chicago Ranked Most Corrupt City in the United States.
- The Windy City outranked New York and Los Angeles in having federal public corruption convictions
- Massive arrests were made in 2019 in Chicago
- Many under custody are turning cooperation witnesses which federal agents and prosecutors think the number of public corruption arrests in Chicago and the state of Illinois will hit historic numbers in 2020
- Illinois has the second-highest property tax rates in the nation
- Chicago is the highest-taxed major U.S. city in the U.S.
- Public corruption is one of the major reasons why the government is in a major financial deficit
- Until the city of Chicago and the state of Illinois curbs its public corruption, both Chicago and Illinois will run its financing into the grown
Illinois is losing countless individual taxpayers and businesses in record numbers.
Data Of Chicago Ranked Most Corrupt City Released
While most major cities and states are flourishing under the Trump economy, both the city of Chicago and the state of Illinois are in financial chaos.
- Both Mayor Lori Lightfoot and Governor J.B. Pritzker seem lost and clueless on how to fix the mounting budget deficit
- Chicago’s pension debt is in crisis-mode and cannot seem to be balanced
- Lightfoot and Pritzker’s only solution to fixing the state’s financial crisis is to raise taxes
- Pritzker’s tax hikes on all taxes in Illinois are forcing both taxpayers and businesses to flee Illinois
From the look of things, both Lightfoot and Pritzker seem to be headed to only be a one-term politician in Illinois.
Chicago Ranks As The Most Corrupt City While Illinois Comes In Third
Chicago ranked as the most corrupt major city in the U.S. Illinois ranked third when it came to the most corrupt state in the Nation. This recent analysis and data were released by UIC Professor Dick Simpson of the University of Illinois at Chicago. Simpson, a former Chicago Alderman, based his data by numbers and statistics that were published by the U.S. Department of Justice.
Here is what UIC Professor Dick Simpson has released on his studies:
Data provided by the U.S. Department of Justice, Illinois ranked as the third-most corrupt state.
The other Corrupt States Leading Public Corruption Data
DC set the number one rank in having the highest number of public corruption convictions. Louisiana is the second-highest ranked corrupt state. Beating Illinois were New York, California, Texas, and Florida. These states had higher numbers in the population, therefore, the ranking was lower.
The District of Columbia was No. 1, while Louisiana was No. 2. The states of New York, California, Texas, and Florida each had more total corruption convictions than Illinois, but their populations are larger, placing them lower in the ranking.
Public corruption is one of the most problems hurting states. States with high number of public corruption are losing billions of dollars and costing taxpayers and businesses higher taxes.
February 19, 2020 - 3 min read