Documents Needed To Process A Mortgage Application
This BLOG On Documents Needed To Process A Mortgage Application Was UPDATED And PUBLISHED On September 19th, 2019
There is a big difference between a pre-qualification letter and pre-approval letter.
- A pre-approval letter carries more weight
- Pre-approval means that in a sense borrower has been approved for a mortgage loan
- This holds true as long as he or she presents the documents needed to process a mortgage application
- Qualified verified documents is the proof on what has been stated on online mortgage application
In this article, we will cover and discuss documents needed to process a mortgage application.
Applying For Home Loan
To apply for an official mortgage home loan, the mortgage loan borrower will need to provide us with you will detailed documentation of credit and financial history.
- Lenders need to pull credit report from a credit agency
- This will confirm and verify the information provided in the online mortgage home loan application
The following documents will be required for loan officers to process and underwrite borrowers mortgage application.
Documents Needed To Start Mortgage Process
Documents needed to process a mortgage application are the following.
Any delay with providing the documents needed to process a mortgage application will cause a delay in the home closing.
- Two months most recent checking accounts, savings accounts and other bank statements such as certificate of deposits, IRA accounts
- We will need all pages of bank statements even if they are blank
- In the event you do not have the most recent bank statements handy, you can go to bank and request a transaction history of bank statement printouts
- Printouts needs to be signed by the bank employee or bank teller
- The bank statement needs to be dated and stamped by the bank employee
- These bank statements are good for 60 days from the date it was signed and issued
- Borrowers who are a member of a credit union they need to provide at least 2 most recent bank account statements
- We need every single page of the statement from credit union even if it is a blank page
- Borrowers who cannot find or locate credit union statement they need to go to credit union and get the credit union employee to sign, date, and stamp your statement
Like a signed bank statement, these statements will be valid for 60 days from the issued date.
Other Documents Required To Process Mortgage Loan
Other documents needed to process a mortgage application is two years tax returns and W2’s for salaried/ hourly wage borrowers:
- Make sure overtime hours and pay is noted
This is because we can use overtime pay and bonuses if borrowers had consistent overtime and bonuses for at least two years.
Income Documents Required By Lenders
Borrowers are self employed or a business owner, lenders need two years tax returns, year to date profit and loss statement and current balance sheet for self-employed borrowers:
- Page 2 of tax returns must be signed by customer and preparer if they were prepared by an accountant
- Provide all pages even if parts of the tax returns are blank
- Another important documents needed to process a mortgage application are the “Mortgage”, “Note”, and “Riders” for existing mortgages on property
- Provide complete set without missing any pages even if the documents are blank
- Provide the most recent pay check stubs by employer
Provide at least a 30 day period of pay stubs.
Homeowners Insurance Information Required By Lenders
Provide copies of homeowners insurance “declaration page” or name, address and phone number of insurance agent that is insuring home:
- Borrowers who are divorced, lenders are going to require divorce decree and if paying child support, the lender will require child support documentation
- Borrowers paying alimony support payments, the lender would also need copies of the alimony agreement.
- Divorce decree if applicable
Alimony agreement & child support documentation if applicable.
Asset Information Showing The Down Payment And Closing Costs
Other documents needed to process a mortgage application are asset documentations such as 401K, Profit Sharing, and/or Pension Fund statements.
- Lenders need all pages even though if they are blank
- Other assets information such Investment Stock, Bond, Fund, and/or Portfolio statements
- The only fee that borrowers pay upfront with a mortgage application will be the cost of the appraisal
- There is a sheet that asks for credit card information
- Please sign it with credit card information
- Lenders will not process the credit card until the time we order the appraisal
Other documents needed to process a mortgage application are the borrower’s and co-borrower’s Driver’s License and Social Security cards:
- Or other forms of identification to satisfy the Patriot Act
- Gov’t issued ID’s
Executed Real Estate Purchase Contract Triggers Mortgage Process
Lender require a copy of the real estate purchase contract with all addendum:
- Buyers purchasing a condo or town home please include the homeowners association name, phone number, and contact person
- Borrowers on social security, please provide a copy of social security award letter if applicable
- Those who are a current renter need to provide 12 months of cancelled checks
- If directly debited out of account, lenders will require the last 12 months of bank statements for rent payments
- If rent payments with money orders, lenders will need history printout from bank, credit union, currency exchange etc.
- The name and address of an employee who is authorize to verify employment from human resources or personnel department
- Pension letter if receiving pension income
Bankruptcy papers for those who have filed bankruptcy.
Preparing Documents To Submit To Mortgage Underwriting
The above documents if it applies to borrowers are required to process a mortgage application:
- Complete clean organized mortgage loan application packages will be expedited
- Delays are normally caused because borrower needs to dig up the information requested by lender and the file is missing pages and documents
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 262-716-8151 or text us for faster response. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gustan Cho NMLS ID 873293