This BLOG On Condotel Loan Programs And Non-Warrantable Condo Guidelines Was UPDATED On June 9th, 2019
Non-Warrantable and Condotel loan programs have been dormant for the past several years but have now come back.
- Condotel loan programs and non-warrantable condo mortgages are one of the most popular and fastest growing mortgage programs today
- Condotel unit sales are soaring nationwide especially in Colorado, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, Kentucky, Ohio, Georgia, Michigan, California, Texas, Indiana, Texas, Florida, Washington, and Illinois as well as the rest of the United States
- Non-Warrantable and Condotel Loans are 30-year adjustable mortgages with no pre-payment penalties
Types Of Non-Warrantable And Condotel Loan Programs
Non-Warrantable and Condotel loan programs are portfolio loans that are available only in 3/1 ARM, 5/1 ARM, and 7/1 ARM, amortized over 30 years.
- Starter rates are at 4.75%
- The index is based on the one-year cost maturity treasuries (CMT) and the margin is set at 3.0%.
- These loans are non-conforming loans
Non-Warrantable And Condotel Financing Requirements
To qualify for our non-warrantable and condotel financing, the condominium unit needs to qualify.
- This is simply done by having the homeowners association project manager complete a one-page Condominium questionnaire
- The main reason for this Condominium questionnaire is to make sure that the Condominium project is financially sound with no outstanding structural and building violations by the city building department
- No pending lawsuits
Once the Condotel homeowner association project manager completes the Condotel questionnaire, it is submitted to underwriting where you will get an approval within 24 hours upon receipt.
- Non-Warrantable and/or Condotel unit needs to be a minimum of 500 square feet with at least one bedroom and a functional kitchen
To qualify for our Condotel loan programs, the Condotel mortgage borrower needs at least a 680 FICO credit score.
- The maximum back end debt to income ratio is 43%
- 20% down payment on non-warrantable condos and 25% down payment on condotels for owner occupant and second homes
- 40% down payment on investment condominiums
- We require one year’s reserves for the subject Condotel unit housing expenses as well as the borrower’s primary residence
- Reserves can be investments and securities accounts, pension, 401k, IRA, and other liquidable accounts
Condotel Loan Programs Mortgage Process
- Complete the full 1003 mortgage application
- Once it has been submitted, we will run a soft pull credit check and evaluate the Condotel loan application
- One of our loan officers will then discuss rates and terms to qualify for one of our Condotel loan programs
Get Pre-Approved For A Condotel Loan Now
We can then issue you a pre-approval where you can shop for your Condotel.
- Once you have a purchase contract, we can start processing and underwriting your Condotel loan application
- Normally it takes three weeks to close your new Condotel unit from the date we receive your signed Condotel loan application and required documents