This BLOG On Appraisal Transfer Policy From One Lender To Another Lender Was PUBLISHED On November 21st, 2019
As you know we do not have any LENDER OVERLAYS at Gustan Cho Associates.
- Meaning we can help more borrowers than most lenders
- Over 75% of our borrowers at Gustan Cho Associates are folks who get a last-minute mortgage denial or are stressing during mortgage process with the current lender
- Many times our clients come to us after a last-second denial
- Other times they are so far in the process that they already have an appraisal completed
- One of the most common questions we get is, DO YOU NEED TO PAY FOR A SECOND APPRAISAL?
In this blog, we will discuss the answer to that question and our Appraisal Transfer Policy.
Mortgage Lenders Appraisal Process Guidelines
Appraisal transfer policy does vary from loan type to loan type.
FHA Appraisal Transfer Policy- The good news for FHA Loans is the appraisal can be transferred from lender to lender.
- For FHA mortgages, the FHA appraisal is tied to the FHA case number
- If you change lenders during the process even after a last-second denial, you can use the same appraisal you’ve already paid for
- Not only does it save you money, but it also speeds up the process
- Many times we are able to help clients close on their new home in just two weeks!
- Since the appraisal can be transferred to us and usually 48 hours
- This speed the process up tremendously
- If you have been given a last-second denial on your FHA mortgage, please reach out to us for a second opinion
- If you have any doubt please see our reviews
- There are many success stories when we save the day from a last-second denial
VA Appraisal Transfer Guidelines
VA Appraisal Transfer Policy -If you are in a process of obtaining a VA loan and need to transfer your appraisal to another lender, the good news is you can.
- Very similar to FHA, VA appraisals are transferred from one to lender all the time
- This transfer is completed by a SAR (staff appraisal reviewer) from the VA
- This is done directly on the VA portal and only takes a few days to complete
- Once again this will help speed up your mortgage application when you decide to change lenders
- Gustan Cho Associates are experts in VA mortgage guidelines that are always available to help
If you feel like you will be turned down or have been turned down for a VA loan, please call or text me at Gustan Cho Associates on 630-659-7644.
Fannie Mae Appraisal Policy On Conventional Loans
Conventional Loans Appraisal Transfer Policy- This is where transferring an appraisal can get difficult.
- Majority of lenders will not accept a transfer to appraisal for conventional financing
- More times than not, you are required to pay for a second appraisal when changing lenders on a Conventional loan
- The good news is money appraisers are set up with many AMC’s (appraisal management company)
- We can go do an UPDATE to the original appraisal, changing into the new lenders’name
In this scenario, you are not required to pay for a new home appraisal.
NON-QM Appraisal Policy
NON-QM Appraisal Policy- Non-qm lending has its own rules and certain times exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
- Majority of the time you can transfer an appraisal from another lender
- The current lender must sign over the rights of the appraisal to the new lender
- Most of the time this is due to a denial from the current lender
- So the majority of the time there are no issues having them transfer the right to the appraisal
As you know, the cost of an appraisal is significant. So anytime we can transfer the appraisal we want to do so. If you have specific questions on your appraisal issues please contact Mike Gracz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly on 630-659-7644. Or text us for faster response. There are very few situations we have not seen before and are always available to help! As stated above and in our customer reviews, we save the day more often than not. If you’re running into any mortgage issues please reach out to us for a second opinion.