Credit Tradelines Requirements To Qualify For Mortgage Loans
This BLOG On Credit Tradelines Requirements To Qualify For Mortgage Loans Was UPDATED On December 30th, 2019
Credit Tradelines Requirements are individual creditors that is reporting consumer credit history on consumer credit reports:
- For example, if a consumer has a Blue Sky Visa secured credit card, Blue Sky will be posting credit payment history on credit report
- Most creditors post to all three giant credit reporting agencies, which are:
- The credit grantor will post the following:
- credit limit
- credit balance
- minimum monthly payment
- date of last activity
- payment history
- The more credit tradelines consumers have, the stronger and better their credit profile of the consumer
- One late payment on credit tradeline will hurt credit scores
- The derogatory report will remain on the consumer credit report for 7 years
- There are no credit tradelines requirements on the number of credit tradeline for borrowers to have to qualify for a mortgages
- Many lenders will have overlays and require at least three to four credit tradelines requirements that have been seasoned for 12 to 24 months
In this article, we will cover and discuss credit tradeline guidelines and overlays by lenders.
Do Mortgage Lenders Require Minimum Credit Tradelines Requirements?
Credit Tradelines are normally required by individual lenders as part of their own overlays.
- Lenders with no overlays do not require credit tradelines
- They just go off the findings of the Automated Underwriting System (AUS)
- Mortgage Loan Applicants who have no tradelines but get an approve/eligible per Automated Underwriting System can qualify with a lender with no overlays
Gustan Cho Associates has no overlays on government and conventional loans.
- Some lenders do have minimum credit tradeline requirements as part of their own overlays
- Most lenders require a minimum of 3 credit tradelines requirements
- There are lenders that will require 4 seasoned credit tradelines
- Others have higher credit tradeline requirements
Some lenders may require a 12-month seasoning on credit tradelines while others may require 24 months.
Do Lenders Require Credit Tradelines Requirements?
Besides having minimum credit tradeline requirements, lenders may have credit tradeline seasoning requirements.
- The majority of lenders require that mortgage applicants have at least one year’s worth of seasoning for each credit tradelines
- For example, if borrower recently got a Visa credit card and had it for six months, that would not count towards their credit tradeline requirement
- They require that mortgage loan applicants have the credit for at least a year without any late payments.
Lenders rate borrower’s risk level by reviewing credit tradeline for the past year.
Credit Tradeline That Has Been Seasoned For A Year
Mortgage Loan Applicants who do not have 3 credit tradelines that have been seasoned for a year, there is still hope.
- Few lenders will make exceptions if other aspects of borrower’s credit profile are strong with compensating factors
- Compensating factors are positive factors
Examples of compensating factors are low payment shock, reserves, a second job that is not used for income.
Non-Traditional Credit Tradeline
To substitute credit tradeline, we can use rental verification or non-traditional credit tradeline. Examples of non-traditional tradelines are the following:
- Cellular phone bill
- Internet Bill
- Utility payment
- Other documented monthly payment bills that have been paid with a check and/or direct deposit for the past 12 months with no late payments
Whenever rental payments are made or other monthly payments, please pay them by check so it can always be tracked and verified. Cash payment is non-existent in the mortgage world. Mortgage lenders will always want to see canceled checks as proof of payment.
Borrowers who need to qualify for a mortgage with a lender with no lender overlays, please contact us at 1-262-716-8151 or text us for faster response. Or email us at email@example.com. We are available 7 days a week, evenings, weekends, and holidays.