VA Streamline Refinance Guidelines And Requirements
This BLOG On VA Streamline Refinance Guidelines And Requirements Was UPDATED On May 30th, 2018
One of the greatest benefits to being a veteran of the United States Armed Forces is qualifying for a VA Loan.
- VA Loans is probably the best mortgage loan programs in the United States
- This because of the following:
- there is no down payment required
- no mortgage insurance premium required
- VA loans probably have the best mortgage rates out of all home loan programs
- VA loans is specifically only for veterans of the United States Armed Forces
- VA loans are guaranteed by the Department of Veteran Affairs
- VA approved mortgage lenders have very little risk in originating and funding VA loans
- This because the Department of Veterans Affairs guarantees VA loans in default against losses
- That is why VA loans have zero down payment requirements and very low mortgage rates and no mortgage insurance required
VA Streamline Refinance Guidelines Basics
Homeowners with a current VA loan can now refinance their VA loan with a VA Streamline Refinance as long as they can benefit with a lower mortgage rate.
- The VA Streamline Refinance is commonly referred as the Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan, or IRRRL
- The Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan, IRRRL, is a popular mortgage refinance program for VA loan homeowners
- This is due to the simplicity and easy of the VA refinance mortgage loan process where it streamlines everything
- There are no closing costs on behalf of the VA loan borrowers
- Closing costs are added to the balance of the VA loan
- There is no out of pocket expenses on behalf of the VA mortgage loan borrower
- There is no appraisal required and no income verification required
Qualification Requirements For IRRRL
To qualify for a IRRRL, borrowers need to be current on their VA loan for the past 12 months.
- One time 30 day late payment is permitted by certain lenders but not in the most recent six months
- The new VA refinance loan payment needs to be lower than the previous VA loan payment
- Borrowers can only do a rate and term VA refinance mortgage loan
- Cash out is not permitted on a IRRRL
- Borrowers need to be an owner occupant.
Cash Out Refinance VA Loans
Homeowners with VA Loans can also qualify for a cash out VA loan.
- A homeowner can get up to a 100% loan to value on a cash out VA refinance mortgage loan
- Unlike the VA streamline refinance mortgage loan, with a cash out refinance VA loan, borrowers need to have a new appraisal and income documentation and credit scores are required
- Borrowers do not have to go with their current VA mortgage lender
- Homeowners can pick any VA approved mortgage lender for their cash out VA refinance mortgage loan
Qualify For VA Loans With Direct Lender With No Overlays
Gustan Cho Associates Mortgage Group at USA Mortgage are direct lenders with no overlays on VA Home Loans. VA does not have any credit score or debt to income ratio requirements. Most lenders have lender overlays on VA Home Loans. Not GCA Mortgage Group at USA Mortgage.We just go off automated underwriting system findings. All of our pre-approvals at GCA Mortgage Group are fully underwritten and signed off by our mortgage underwriters. This is why the team at GCA Mortgage Group close 100% of all of our VA Home Loans. To start the pre-approval process, contact GCA Mortgage Group at 262-716-8151 or text us for faster response. We are available 7 days a week, evenings, weekends, and holidays.