Teamwork At The Gustan Cho Team And Healthy Competition
Teamwork At The Gustan Cho Team
All places of work have different types of employees, all bringing their own strengths and weaknesses. As leaders, you try and select employees in which bring the highest skill level to their respective responsibilities but also try and make sure that personality traits will fit well with your existing team. Often times, leaders fail at making sure that personality traits will work well with the current environment and hire based on skill only. When that happens, your place of business can quickly have discourse and morale suffers for this. Low employee morale has proven to lead to less productivity and can quickly lead to negative performance as a whole for the group.
How Leaders Recruit Talent
When leaders hire based on skill and personality combined, the working environment can become a place in which leaders and staff alike look forward to coming to work. High performance results are more likely and there becomes very healthy competition, pushing each player to perform at the highest level. This type of environment is critical to keep and maintain, as just one “bad apple” can quickly ruin the bunch. You are who you hang out with. Why would you send your child to Harvard University or Yale University and pay over $60,000 per year in undergraduate college tuition when English 101 is the same whether at they Ivy League University or at the Community College USA and the tuition is less than $2,000 per year? Because you want your child to be with the best of the best in the nation. One rotten apple can destroy an organization and can bring negativity to the whole group. If you hang out with high achievers, you will be a high achiever. If you hang out with whiners, you will become a whiner.
Example Of Teamwork At The Gustan Cho Team @ Gustan Cho Associates
Teamwork At The Gustan Cho Team and healthy competition yields results.
Here are some examples:
- The group that many of us are working at with Gustan Cho and Associates write blogs.
- Many of us also work very full time jobs in addition to this line of work.
- Admittedly, I was slow to start writing blogs, but have set goals for myself as time permits.
- We have one person on our team, Bob Vogel who is the Editor in Chief of Loan Consultants and a writer at Gustan Cho Associates, that works a full time job and writes blogs like there is no tomorrow.
- Lately, he has been sending us little notes of how many blogs he has written each day using a group text.
- He will respond to texts when he is out for his nightly run, at work when possible, and well into the night.
- This behavior is the behavior that prompts the teamwork at the workplace and the healthy competition in each of us. I read his texts and I immediately think to myself, “man I have to catch and beat this guy!”
- Not because I want to be better than him, but because he is doing his part at a level of above and beyond, and the rest of us need to follow suit.
- I have watched the subsequent texts from other members of our team, and I am safe to say that this week has probably produced more blogs than any that I can remember.
- Everyone is a writing machine just trying to keep up with this guy!
- The ending result is that, maybe without realizing it, he is pushing me to do more.
Communication And Transparency
Communication and Transparency is key. The boss should blend in with all employees and lead by example. How can you train a new employee how to originate loans if you never originated one. Here is an example of how people at the workplace get along and all become part of the team and no one is left out:
- Nearly daily there have been large group texts that start in the evening and can go for a while talking about multiple things.
- The result of these group texts is that people are communicating with each other, on a level that is a little less formal that I am used to.
- This allows people to be themselves, we have certainly gone off topic a couple of times.
- This week, I have learned that there are three of us that are Accountants in our group who are licensed mortgage loan originators as part of this bunch, two of us are auditors.
- I have learned that we have a realtor and teacher, Rebecca Clevlen, in our group and I have also have seen a few funny pictures come across my screen.
- All of this, without realizing it or not, pulls you into this team environment, pushes you to do better…to do more.
Satisfaction With Happy Borrowers
- Loan closings in 21 days or less
- No overlays on FHA Loans which is by far the most popular loan program in the U.S.
- No lender overlays on VA Loans. Only requirement is 580 FICO goes off DU/LP FINDINGS
- No overlays on USDA Loans
- No overlays on Conventional Loans
- how to remain competitive in the market so he implements other loan programs like our popular NON-QM Loans
What is building from this competition about writing and near daily communication is a team. A team that I suspect will be a very tight bunch. This will be a team that each person does their part to ensure that the whole is successful and moving forward. We all have our strengths and weaknesses but as a group we work well together. The team that is building will be and is becoming contagious, people will want to be a part of it. Together, we will move mountains and help thousands of buyers achieve their dreams of home ownership. Together, I am confident that this team will continue to grow and be the best of the best!
This BLOG on Teamwork At The Gustan Cho Team is all about that you lead by example. The person in charge should know the importance of customer service and helping loan officers giving them the proper tools to prosper and advance their careers. I came from working to mortgage companies where upper management had no regards for borrowers whatsoever. How does a one or two man mortgage broker shop go to become a national 5 star firm with a reputation second to none.
- Is it 21 day closings?
- Is it customer service?
- Is it employee appreciation?
- Is it offering a whole variety of mortgage products in order not to inconvenience any borrowers?
The key to Success and Teamwork At The Gustan Cho Team are all YES answers above.
Gustan Cho Associates Mortgage and Real Estate Informational Center was launched in 2013 to offer information to my viewers and it has grown 100% plus year after year and is now viral. Again, if we lead by example and do whatever is best for our borrowers, we will be number one.
Over 75% of our borrowers are folks who have gotten a mortgage loan denial or are going through a tough and stressful mortgage process due to prior credit issues like many of us have at one time or another in our lives.