Florida Condo Hotel Mortgage Loan Qualification Requirements
This BLOG On Florida Condo Hotel Mortgage Was UPDATED On June 20, 2017
A Condo Hotel Complexes are Hotels with a certain percentage of its units set aside as condominium units that is owned by private owners other than the Hotel. These condominiums in the Hotel Complex are called condotels or condo hotels.
- Most Condo Hotels, also known as Condotels, are high end hotel communities that offer most amenities that are generally available at five star hotels such as restaurants, bars, fitness centers, indoor/outdoor pools,shops,concierge, spas, and room service.
- Condotels have bedrooms, living area, and functional kitchens.
Condo Hotels In Florida
Many Condo Hotels in Florida are often waterfront units, golf front units, or are in resort areas like Walt Disney World. Many Condo Hotel Complexes offer services like boat and jet ski rentals.
- It is rather difficult to distinguish which hotels have Condo Hotels units and which do not.
- The main difference between a Condo Hotel Unit and a high end hotel is that the hotel has one entity who owns the hotel and the Condo Hotels has a certain percentage of the units that has been allocated for private condominium ownership.
- The entity that owns a hotel might be one person, a corporation, a limited liability company, or a group of investors.
- Condo Hotel units may one individual owning one Condotel unit, or one owner may own multiple Condotel units.
- A group of investors or corporation may own multiple Condotel units as well.
Condo Hotel Ownership
Most Condotel unit owners have no say in the decor of the individual Condotel units.
- The management of the Condo Hotel decides what type of furnishings and decorations of the Condotel.
- In a way this is a good policy because Condotel units cannot be set apart from regular hotel units.
Condo Hotel Ownership As Second Home
For those individuals who want a vacation getaway without the troubles of maintenance of a vacation home, Condotel ownership may be the ideal second home.
- Plus, a big advantage of owning a Condo Hotel is that condotel unit owners can earn rental revenues which will can cover monthly mortgage payments and expenses.
- Many Condotel owners make positive annual cash flow from their Condotels and get to enjoy their Condotels for free because the rental income covers their mortgage and expenses.
- Other Condotel owners like the higher rental income so they own multiple Condotel units as an investment and generate handsome positive cash flows.
- These Condo Hotel investors hardly use their multiple Condo Hotels and just own them as investment properties.
Condo Hotel Homeowners Association
Most Condo Hotel management maintains the condotel units within the Condo Hotel Complex and can rent out individual condotels and take a percentage of the revenues.
- The percentage split varies among Condo Hotel Complexes but a 50% split between the Condo Hotel owner and the Condo Hotel management team is not uncommon.
- The Condo Hotel management team manages the maintenance and books of the Condo Hotel.
- The individual owner does not have to do anything.
- The Condo Hotel management team will manage the staff, do the accounting, and make sure everything is in line and in order and will send monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to every Condotel unit owners.
Florida Condo Hotel Mortgage Loan Programs
There are not too many Condo Hotel mortgage lenders.
- Big banks like JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Citibank, and Wells Fargo used to finance Condo Hotels but stopped lending on Condotels altogether.
- All Florida Condo Hotel Mortgage Loan Programs are 30 year Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARM)
- Condotel Purchase Loans and Condotel Refinance mortgage loans.
- For those Condo Hotel owners who own their Florida Condo Hotels without a mortgage but is needing a cash-out refinance loan on their Condotels, the loan to value depends on the type of ownership they have.
- 25% down payment is required on Florida Condo Hotel Mortgage Loans or 75% LTV on cash-out refinance Florida Condo Hotel mortgage loan on primary and second home condotel unit owners.
- Any Florida Condo Hotel Mortgage borrowers who own two or more properties is called an investor and if they are purchasing a condotel unit, it is considered investment property condotel units.
- On investment property condotels, 40% down payment is required and/or 60% LTV on refinance condotel mortgages.
For more questions on Florida Condo Hotel Mortgage Loans, contact us at 800-900-8560 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For Faster response, text Gustan Cho at 262-716-8151.