This BLOG On FHA Loan With Under 600 Credit Score Mortgage Guidelines Was Updated And PUBLISHED On February 18th, 2020
Gustan Cho Associates are experts in originating and closing FHA Loan With Under 600 Credit Score In Florida. Most lenders have higher credit score requirements due to overlays.
There are two types of guidelines when it comes to FHA Loans:
A credit score of 600 or under is considered to be a bad credit score by not just mortgage companies but also by most creditors.
- The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the parent of the Federal Housing Administration (FHA)
- The role of FHA is to promote homeownership
- HUD creates minimal FHA Mortgage Requirements where most hard-working Americans can qualify for home loans
- FHA is not a lender
- FHA insures home loans that meet FHA Guidelines to banks and mortgage companies who are HUD Approved Lenders
- These lenders follow all aspects of FHA Underwriting Guidelines
- However, most lenders will have lender overlays on FHA Loans
In this article, we will discuss and cover qualifying for an FHA loan with under 620 FICO.
What Are Lender Overlays
Lender Overlays are additional mortgage requirements that particular lenders places that is on top of the minimum required by HUD Guidelines.
Here are basic FHA Guidelines Versus Lender Overlays:
- Minimum credit scores to qualify for a 3.5% down payment FHA Loans is 580 FICO
Lenders can have overlays on credit scores where they can require 620 to 640 FICO credit scores:
- This holds true even though FHA only requires 580 FICO
The higher credit score requirement by the lender is called FHA Lender Overlay On Credit Scores:
- Most Lenders do not want borrowers with lower credit scores even though they may qualify under HUD Guidelines
- Gustan Cho Associates has no overlays on credit scores or any other FHA Guidelines
- We just go off the HUD Guidelines
Lender Overlays Versus Agency Guidelines
Most mortgage lenders have a minimum credit score requirement as part of their lender overlays
- Most lenders will have lender overlays
- Most lenders have a minimum credit score requirement of 640 FICO
- Reasons, why lenders have overlays, is because they believe that borrowers with lower credit scores have a higher probability to default of their home loans
Where Can I Qualify FHA Loan With Under 600 Credit Score?
A large percentage of our borrowers at Gustan Cho Associates at Loan Cabin Inc. have credit scores under 600 FICO.
- Over 75% of our borrowers are home buyers who were either denied for an FHA loan at the last minute or are going through major stress during the mortgage process
- This is because they were not properly qualified by their loan officers
- Homebuyers who need to qualify for FHA Loan with under 600 credit score needs to consult with mortgage lenders with no overlays on FHA Loans
- Gustan Cho Associates has no overlays on government and conventional loans
- There is no reason why borrowers who have a solid pre-approval for not close on their home loans on time
- There is no reason why anyone should stress during the mortgage process
Most of our borrowers close on their home loans in 30 days or less.
Reasons For Low Credit Scores
There are many reasons why consumers have lower credit scores than others.
- If someone loses their job due to getting laid off or getting injured on the job even for a few months and they get behind in paying their monthly bills, their credit scores can easily drop more than 100 points
- Unfortunately, it will take much longer than several weeks to get their credit scores back up to
This holds true even when they start making their monthly debt payments on time.
Reasons Why Consumer Credit Scores Drop
Here are some reasons why credit scores drop:
- Recent late payments on installment and/or revolving credit account
- Recent bankruptcy and/or foreclosure
- Maxed out credit cards
- Multiple hard credit inquiries
- Collections and/or charge off accounts posting on credit report
Underwriting FHA Loan With Under 600 Credit Score Borrowers
Gustan Cho Associates Mortgage Group at Loan Cabin Inc. are specialists in qualifying, processing, underwriting, approving, and closing FHA Loan With Under 600 Credit Score borrowers.
- We will not be approving and funding FHA Loan With Under 600 Credit Score borrowers if we did not believe that our borrowers were not creditworthy and would not be making their mortgage payments timely
- We approve and fund FHA Loan With Under 600 Credit Score borrowers
- This is because we understand the overall credit profile of borrowers
- We believe that they fully qualify and has the ability to repay their FHA Loans
- Lenders understand that borrowers do go through hard times
- Most people can rebuild and re-establish their credit and income
- Lenders will not approve and fund a home loan if they were not 100% confident that borrowers can pay their mortgage payments on time and not default on their home loan
Lenders take into account the reason why borrower’s credit scores are low and will look at other factors of the borrower such as the following:
- Employment history
- Overall credit history
- Compensating Factors
Lenders will take into account not just the recent credit payment history but the overall credit profile borrowers. Borrowers needing to qualify for FHA Loan With Under 600 Credit Score in Florida, please contact us at Gustan Cho Associates at 262-716-8151 or text us for faster response. The Team at Gustan Cho Associates Mortgage Group is available 7 days a week, evenings, weekends, and holidays by phone, text, or email us at email@example.com.