Conventional Refinance Mortgage Pricing Adjustments
Today's Low Rates Can Benefit Many Homeowners To Refinance Their Home Mortgages
This article covers Conventional Refinance Mortgage Pricing Adjustments
Mortgage rates are at historic lows. There are no doubt mortgage rates will go up again. The new Biden Administration is on a spending spree which will spiral inflation out of control. The best measure to control out-of-control inflation is to increase interest rates. No matter what Fed Chair Jerome Powell says about not raising rates, rates will go up if inflation is spiraling out of control. There are still many homeowners who have mortgage rates in the 5.0% range. Prime borrowers can refinance their mortgages in the low 3.0% range on a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage. 15-year fixed-rate mortgages are under 3.0%. In this article, we will discuss and cover pricing adjustments on a conventional mortgage refinance transactions.
Refinancing Conventional Mortgage Loans At Today’s Low Rates
Conventional Refinance Mortgage Pricing Adjustments On Conforming Home Mortgages:
- It is no secret that mortgage rates are incredibly low during the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak
- This has created a refinance boom across the nation
- Many Americans are refinancing using conventional mortgage products through Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae
- In this blog, we will detail the recent change in refinance fees brought forth by these government-sponsored entities
We will also discuss how to complete a refinance transaction with Gustan Cho Associates.
Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac Conventional Refinance Mortgage Pricing Adjustments
The two government-sponsored entities, FANNIE MAE and FREDDIE MAC have made an announcement that they are adding “adverse market fees” on all refinance products starting September 1, 2020. While there is not one clear-cut answer for the additional fees, many speculate it is to prepare for substantial losses in the housing market moving forward. The global market is in turmoil during this pandemic. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac went under government control during the last recession. And they have remained government-sponsored entities since. Although the Trump administration would like to privatize them again, that does not look like something that will happen soon.
2021 Changes In Conventional Refinance Mortgage Pricing Adjustments Takes Effect
This 0.5% increase in refinancing fees is to minimize losses based on future projections.
- It is estimated this will cost the average consumer about $1400 of additional fees
- Also, many Americans who have not locked in their interest rates will be affected just days before closing
- There are many Americans on the fence with refinancing their mortgage and this may push them to hold off on the transaction
- Please keep in mind, this increase in fees only applies to refinance transactions and not for Americans trying to purchase a new property
This 0.5% increase in fees was approved by FHFA, the Federal Housing Finance Agency.
Refinancing Your Current Home Mortgage
How to refinance a property?
- Completing a refinance with Gustan Cho associates is very simple
- Even during this pandemic, we are helping hundreds of Americans refinance their mortgages
- This is a great opportunity to save some money across-the-board
- Whether using this opportunity to take cash out of your property or simply lower your interest rate or the term of your mortgage, this is a great time to complete a refinance
Even with the loan level pricing adjustment set by Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, rates are still historically low.
Steps In Starting The Refinance Mortgage Process
What are the steps to refinance your property?
If you are in the market to refinance your mortgage loan, the first step is to call Mike Gracz on 630-659-7644.
- You and Mike will have a one on one mortgage consultation
- You will discuss your refinance goals and come up with a customized solution to help save you the most money
- During this phone call, you may discover that utilizing a cash-out mortgage transaction could help you lower your overall monthly obligations by combining consumer debt into your mortgage loan
- After your refinance consultation, you will be emailed an application link from a licensed loan officer in your state
That link will give your loan officer permission to verify your credit report and start your refinance loan.
How To Avoid Stress During The Refinance Mortgage Process
What to expect during the refinance process?
Once you agree on the refinance terms, a full disclosure package will be sent to you. Most of the documents will be signed electronically, and once these are returned, your loan team will get to work for you. The processing staff will complete all required verifications and get your file ready for underwriting. During this time, an appraisal will be completed (unless you get an appraisal waiver). Once all verifications and appraisals are returned, your file will be conditionally approved by an underwriter. At this time they may require a few additional documents to get to the closing table.
Conventional Refinance Mortgage Pricing Adjustments: Mortgage Process
Once you send those documents back, your file will be clear to close. At that point, a closer from the title company will be sent to your home (or any location) to sign all required mortgage documents. If you are refinancing your primary residence, a three-day RIGHT OF RECISSION period will start. Before funding, three business days must elapse before your loan officially funds. On the funding date, your current mortgage will be paid in full and of a cash-out transaction, your other creditors will also be paid. At that point, you now have a new mortgage loan recorded with your county. If this is an investment property or a second home, there is not a three-day waiting period before funding.
Qualifying For A Mortgage With A Lender With No Overlays
During these unprecedented times of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, the refinance process may take longer than normal. The process is currently taking between 45 and 60 days because of the volume of mortgage applications. The good news is, you already live in the home, unlike a purchase transaction. Even if you have been turned down for a refinance by a different lender, we encourage you to call Gustan Cho Associates today. You may be running into a LENDER OVERLAY. We do not have overlays on our refinance mortgage products. We can be reached directly at 630-659-7644 or via email at [email protected].