VA Loans Mississippi Guidelines With No Lender Overlays
Can I Qualify For A VA Loan With A Lender With No Lender Overlays In Mississippi?
This Article Is About Qualifying For VA Loans Mississippi Guidelines With No Lender Overlays
Gustan Cho Associates is a mortgage company licensed in multiple states with no overlays on VA Loans Mississippi. A large percentage of VA Loans we originate and fund are from homebuyers who are veterans in the state of Mississippi. Mississippi is a state where homes are affordable, the cost of living is low, and has low taxes. The climate is great and there are many tourist destinations. Not only are the property taxes ranks as one of the lowest out of any state, but other taxes are lower than the national average. The state has a healthy economy. The state government is well funded and run, unlike other states like Illinois, New York, and California. Many folks from New York, California, Illinois, and other high-taxed states are relocating to the Great State of Mississippi to call this state home. Disabled veterans and those who are looking for an affordable state with a low cost of living are locating in Mississippi. Tens of thousands of new individual residents and businesses are migrating to Mississippi. Home values in Mississippi are skyrocketing due to the demand for new housing. Coupled with low mortgage rates and affordable housing, the Mississippi housing forecast is expected to skyrocket in the coming months and into 2025. In this article, we will discuss and cover Qualifying for VA Loans Mississippi Guidelines With No Lender Overlays.
Qualifying For VA Loans Mississippi
VA loans have one of the most lenient agency mortgage guidelines than any other loan program. All lenders need to meet the minimum agency VA Agency Guidelines. However, lenders can have higher lending requirements that are above and beyond the minimum agency VA guidelines called lender overlays. Not all lenders have the same VA Lending Requirements. All lenders require borrowers to meet minimum VA Guidelines by the Department of Veterans Affairs. However, every lender can have higher lending requirements called lender overlays. The higher requirements mandated by each individual lender are called overlays. Most lenders have overlays. Gustan Cho Associates is one of the very few national lenders that have no overlays just on VA Loans, but no overlays on government and conventional loans.
About VA Loans Mississippi
The Department Of Veterans Affairs does not mandate minimum credit score requirements
- The VA also does not have any minimum debt-to-income ratio maximum cap
- Most lenders will require a 620 to 640 credit score
- Most lenders will have debt-to-income ratio requirements of no greater than 41% to 50%
- Gustan Cho Associates Mortgage Group has zero overlays on VA Loans
- We recently closed a VA Loan with a borrower who had credit scores under 600 FICO with a 60% DTI
- We just follow automated underwriting system findings
As long as the borrower gets an approve/eligible per AUS and can meet the conditions, we will approve and close the loan.
VA Loans Mississippi Eligibility Requirements And General Guidelines
Here are the minimum basic VA Guidelines:
- The borrower needs to be an active and/or retired member of the United States Military with a valid certificate of eligibility (COE)
- The VA has no minimum credit score requirements as long as the borrower can get an approve/eligible per automated underwriting system (AUS)
- No debt-to-income ratio requirements as long as the borrower can get an approve/eligible per AUS
- The borrower often can get an approve/eligible per AUS if they have sufficient residual income
- 100% financing with no down payment required
- Outstanding collections and charged off do not have to be paid off
- Can purchase one to four unit property with 100% financing
- Buyers normally do not have to worry about paying for closing costs
- Closing costs are normally covered by sellers concessions and/or lender credit
- Two-year waiting period after Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, foreclosure, deed in lieu of foreclosure, short sale
- Borrowers can qualify for VA Loans during Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Repayment Plan with Trustee Approval via manual underwriting
- No waiting period after Chapter 13 Bankruptcy discharged date
VA loans have lenient agency mortgage guidelines than other mortgage loan programs.
Starting VA Mortgage Pre-Approval Process With Direct Lender With No Overlays
Gustan Cho Associates are experts in originating and funding VA Loans Mississippi with no VA lender overlays. Borrowers who are either residents of Mississippi or looking to relocated to Mississippi, please contact us at 262-716-8151 or text us for faster response. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are available 7 days a week, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Gustan Cho Associates is licensed in multiple states and has a national reputation of not having any lender overlays on government and conventional loans. Gustan Cho Associates also has dozens of lending partnerships with wholesale non-QM lenders. Over 75% of our borrowers at Gustan Cho Associates are folks who could not qualify for a mortgage at other lenders. With the combination of being able to do government and conventional loans with no lender overlays and non-QM loans, Gustan Cho Associates has a national reputation of being a one-stop mortgage shop.