Things That Can Delay Your Mortgage Loan Closing
This BLOG On Things That Can Delay Your Mortgage Loan Closing Was UPDATED On June 15th, 2019
A mortgage loan should be able to close in 30 days of less.
- Whether it is a new home purchase mortgage loan or a refinance mortgage loan, a complete mortgage application package consists of a lot of materials
- We have discussed the mortgage application process before and will just outline it on this article
- The mortgage application process is very simple and the most difficult part is gathering the information requested by your mortgage lender
- If you take the time and gather all the information requested by the loan officer, it makes the mortgage application processes much smoother
- Full cooperation most likely will not cause a delay in closing your mortgage loan
- We will be discussing things that can delay your mortgage loan closing in the following paragraphs
In this BLOG, we will discuss Things That Can Delay Your Mortgage Loan Closing
First Step Of Mortgage Process Is The Loan Application
The first thing you do when you apply for a mortgage loan is to fill out the online mortgage application on the top left section of this website.
- If you are looking to start the pre-approval, just click on the APPLY NOW icon on the top left section of this website
- Complete the secured 1003 mortgage application
- The information you state on this mortgage application is extremely important
- You need to be as accurate as possible because all of the information you state will need to be verified
Things that can delay your mortgage loan closing is you stating one thing on this application and not being able to verify it.
Change In Credit Profile Can Cause Delay In Mortgage Loan Closing
Other things that can delay your mortgage loan closing is if there are changes in your credit profile. Borrowers should not apply for credit nor purchase any large ticket items during the mortgage process.
- For example, if you went out and traded in your car for a new more expensive vehicle, this is one of the things that can delay your mortgage loan closing
- The underwriter needs to recalculate your debt to income ratio and see if you still qualify for the mortgage loan
Many borrowers get disqualified for a mortgage loan when they finance a large ticket item such as a vehicle because it throws off the debt to income ratio.
Credit Inquiries Can Have Negative Impact
Other things that can delay your mortgage loan closing is if the mortgage loan borrowers apply for excessive credit.
- Credit inquiries are frowned upon mortgage lenders and will drop your credit scores
- Credit inquiries are one of the things that can delay your mortgage loan closing because the mortgage lender will want a written explanation of each credit inquiry
- If your credit inquiry caused a drastic drop in your credit scores, you may be disqualified and not be able to go ahead in closing your mortgage loan
Please do not apply for new credit during the mortgage application process.
Changing Jobs During Mortgage Process Can Cause Delays In Closing
Change of jobs is other things that can delay your mortgage loan closing. If you had a job change, the mortgage lender will want to see your last 30 days of paycheck stubs so a job change will cause a minimum 30 delay in your mortgage closing
For more information on this blog or other mortgage topics, please contact us at Gustan Cho Associates at 262-716-8151 or text us for faster response. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.