- All states in the Nation, with the exception of Illinois, have reopened their states
- Illinois is one of the first states that closed their states and is the last state to yet reopen
- Freshman Rookie Illinois Governor JB Pritzker is getting tons of criticisms for not reopening Illinois
- Pritzker just extended his stay at home executive order until the end of May
- He also said he may extend it longer depending on data and science
- However, the Illinois Department of Public Health Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike publicly said any deaths with pre-existing conditions that also had COVID-19 are being ruled as a COVID-19 death
- This holds true for elderly deaths who had cancer and/or other terminally illness prior to getting COVID will be classified as a COVID-19 death
- This is skyrocketing the number of cases and deaths due to the pandemic
Illinois Governor Threatens Retaliation To Business Owners If They Reopen
- Other small businesses are on the verge of not reopening
- Yet the longer the state remains closed, more workers are at risk of not having their jobs back
- Unemployment numbers came out today from last week
- 2.4 million unemployment claims were filed last week
- This brings the total of 39 million Americans unemployment claims since the coronavirus pandemic hit the United States
- Many businesses are threatening to reopen the state despite the governor’s extended shut down
- Many cities and county governments said they will not enforce Pritzker’s stay at home order
This apparently angered the governor.
An Angry Governor JB Pritzker
Illinois Governor Threatens Retaliation To Business Owners by jailing them if they reopen their businesses prior to the governor’s blessing.
- Pritzker took it a step further and said he will revoke business owners licenses for those who defy his order
- City and County law enforcement said they will not enforce Pritzker’s extended executive shut down order
- Pritzker countered back and said he will withhold any city and/or government agencies who defy and do not enforce his executive order
- Pritzker is out of control and is getting sued by lawmakers, city and county government members, state lawmakers, business owners, and individual taxpayers
- Daily protests against Pritzker is mounting daily
In this breaking news article, we will discuss and cover Illinois Governor Threatens Retaliation To Business Owners.
Illinois Governor Threatens Retaliation To Business Owners And Local Governments
Downstate Republican Illinois Lawmaker Darren Bailey sued Governor JB Pritzker in Clay County. Clay County Judge Michael McHaney ruled in favor of Representative Bailey and his constituents in reopening their district. So what this means is business owners in Bailey’s district can reopen and workers can go back to work despite Pritzker’s stay at home executive order. This infuriated the freshman rookie governor. Pritzker decided to retaliate by threatening any small business that defy his order will get their business licenses revoked. This is unconstitutional and illegal. However, most closed businesses are in the verge of going out of business and could not take a chance of getting their licenses revoked. Plus, JB Pritzker threatened violators of his executive shut down order will get ticketed, fined, arrested, and jailed. Many County Sheriff’s said they will not enforce Pritzker’s illegal shut down order. Pritzker said local and county law enforcement agencies will be penalized for not enforcing his stay at home order by not getting federal funding to run their agencies. He went further and said he will send the Illinois State Police to enforce his stay at home order if local and county law enforcement agencies do not enforcement.
Illinois Sheriffs’ Association Statement
The statement was released on Facebook late Thursday, in response to Pritzker’s comments at his daily press briefing.
Illinois Governor Threatens Retaliation Statement
The Pritzker Administration further threatened Illinoisans that additional measures will be taken by the governor to fully enforce that shut down order if local and county law enforcement does not step in.
Pritzker issued the following statement:
Not only should people follow this, but there will be consequences for those who does not follow my stay at home executive order. Also know that there were leaders in the legal community this morning that spoke about the challenges that will be brought to those local law enforcement, to local governments, and to businesses that are open, because they’re putting people at risk, they’re making their communities unsafe, and they’ll be subject to liability as a result.
The Illinois Sheriffs’ Association replied to Pritzker’s statement through Facebook:
Pritzker’s comments are insulting heroic police officers, corrections officers and local voters. The Governor again indicated that local law enforcement will face consequences for their statements about how they view the enforce-ability of his executive orders. Apparently, these consequences now include the threat of litigation and loss of funding, including funding that has been designated through the Federal Cares Act that was designated to units of local government. The Governor and his office have repeatedly talked about consulting organizations/groups of impacted experts on issues as they arise. Unfortunately, one of the groups that has never been included are the Sheriffs of this State, nor its representative organization, the Illinois Sheriffs’ Association.
Pritzker has said the following:
This is uncharted territory. Businesses and local governments might be liable for damages if they reopen early. What happens, for instance, if a local business opens early, defying the state’s orders, and an employee later dies from COVID-19? That business could face lawsuits, and insurance companies might not be willing to foot the bill. It’s principles mandate that we now allow the leadership of our government to lead as the courts consider the issue. It would be “absolutely negligent” for any municipality or business to open right now. That’s the rule right now. I am the chief executive of this state and I will decide when we should reopen. Not the President, not the courts, not the lawmakers. It is me and only me. PERIOD.
Nobody knows why Governor Pritzker has such a strong stance in not reopening Illinois when all other states have reopened and/or started a reopening plan. This is a developing story. We will keep our viewers updated on new developments in the days and weeks to come. STAY TUNED!!!