Bad Credit Home Loans With Collections & Charge Offs
This BLOG On Bad Credit Home Loans With Collections & Charge Offs Was UPDATED And PUBLISHED On January 20th, 2020
Many renters are under the belief that they need a 20% down payment and good credit to qualify for mortgage loans. This is not the case. The Team at Gustan Cho Associates specializes in helping home buyers qualify for bad credit home loans.
- We help homeowners with bad credit home loans in most of the 50 states
- Gustan Cho Associates Mortgage Group can help home buyers qualify for bad credit home loans
- Many do not realize that they can qualify for home loans with bad credit
- Many assume that just because they have outstanding collections and charged-off accounts that they do not qualify for home loans
- We will cover on this blog on how credit scoring can affect chances of getting a loan
- Our viewers will have an even greater chance of making the dream of homeownership a realistic reality
- We are direct mortgage lenders with no mortgage lender overlays
- Gustan Cho Associates Mortgage Group can help home buyers qualify for a 3.5% down payment home purchase FHA Loan with credit scores as low as 580 FICO
- Over half of our borrowers are folks who were told they do not qualify for a home loan by other lenders due to their overlays
- Gustan Cho Associates has no overlays on government and conventional loans
In this article, we will cover and discuss qualifying for a home loan with bad credit.
Qualifying For Bad Credit Home Loans
Borrowers credit scores will dictate the mortgage interest rates.
- A low credit score means higher mortgage rates, credit card rates, automobile loan interest rates, and installment loan interest rates
- Many employers pull credit checks as part of their hiring and promotional process
- Job applicants can actually be turned down for a job with bad credit scores
- Employees can be denied a promotion with less than perfect credit
There are many negative impacts of bad credit.
How Else Can Impact Of Credit Scores On Mortgage Loans?
Employers view those who have bad credit as being financially irresponsible.
- That is not always the case
- A person can lose a job and due to the loss of income can be behind in their payments
- One 30-day late payment on monthly payment can drastically impact a person’s credit score
- There are even jobs that disqualify a person from a job position if they have ever filed bankruptcy
In some states, loan officers cannot be a mortgage loan originator license if the applicant has filed bankruptcy or has outstanding judgments, collections, and/or foreclosure.
Impact Of Credit Scores On Mortgage Have Affect On Insurance Premiums
The impact of credit scores on mortgage loans also includes a higher insurance premium.
- Mortgage loan applicants who have poor credit scores will be paying more in insurance premium than those with better credit scores
- It does not matter what type of insurance
- The insurance company will even pull credit for homeowners insurance
The impact of bad credit scores will definitely have an effect on the cost of homeowner’s insurance.
Other Negative Impact Of Credit Scores On Mortgage Loans
Other negative impacts of credit scores on a mortgage can be whether or not you qualify for a mortgage.
- Mortgage Loan Applicants who have had a recent late payment on an installment loan, it could mean disqualification for a mortgage loan
It would be next to impossible for a homeowner to qualify for a mortgage refinance loan if they had a late payment in the past 6 months.
Qualifying For Bad Credit Home Loans
There is a light at the end of the tunnel for those who have bad credit.
- Consumer credit will naturally improve as bad credit ages
- Consumers who have collections, bankruptcy, or foreclosure on credit report, their credit scores will naturally improve as months and years pass
- The more time that goes by, the less the impact of bad credit scores
- After two years, most of the bad credit will not have any impact on credit scores
We will be discussing more on credit repair and how to improve your credit scores in future blogs.
FHA Bad Credit Home Loans
FHA is the most popular loan program in the United States for first time home buyers and borrowers with bad credit. Not all mortgage lenders have the same FHA mortgage requirement.
There are two types of FHA Guidelines:
- HUD Guidelines
- Mortgage Lender Overlays
All FHA Mortgage Applicants need to meet HUD Guidelines.
- HUD (U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development) is the parent of FHA (Federal Housing Administration)
- FHA is not a lender but a government agency that insures FHA Loans originated and funded by banks and private mortgage lenders in the event FHA homeowners default on their FHA Loans
- FHA will insure the financial institution against loss due to foreclosure
However, in order for FHA to insure lenders, lenders need to follow all FHA Guidelines.
How Can I Qualify For FHA Loan With Bad Credit?
What are bad credit home loans?
FHA has very generous FHA Guidelines for borrowers with bad credit home loans. However, please do not confuse with having prior bad credit and having bad credit currently. Lenders who specialized in bad credit home loans like Gustan Cho Associates have no problem qualifying borrowers with prior bad credit but want to see they have re-established credit and been timely for the past 12 months.
Here are FHA Guidelines On Bad Credit Home Loans:
- Minimum 580 Credit Scores for 3.5% down payment home purchase loans
- Outstanding Collections and Charge Off Accounts do not have to be paid
- Maximum debt to income ratio 46.9% front end and 56.9% back end
- Multiple Non-Occupant Co-Borrowers allowed
- 100% gift funds for down payment allowed
- Up to 6% sellers concessions allowed
- 2-year waiting period after Chapter 7 Bankruptcy discharged date to qualify for FHA Loans
- 3 year waiting period after the recorded date of foreclosure and deed in lieu of foreclosure to qualify for FHA Loans
- 3 year waiting period from short sale settlement date reflected on HUD to qualify for FHA Mortgage Loans
- No waiting period after Chapter 13 Bankruptcy discharged date to qualify for FHA Loans (Manual Underwriting)
- Borrowers can qualify for FHA Loans one year into a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy repayment plan with Trustee Approval (Manual Underwriting)
Borrowers who need to qualify for FHA Bad Credit Home Loans with a direct lender with no lender overlays, please contact us at Gustan Cho Associates at 1-262-716-8151 or text us for faster response. Or email us at email@example.com. We are available 7 days a week, evenings, weekends, and holidays.