10 Best Kept Secrets For Selling Your Home By Sellers
This Article On 10 Best Kept Secrets For Selling Your Home By Sellers Was UPDATED And PUBLISHED On March 21st, 2020
Do you want your home to look like a model home?
- These strategies help maximize the number of people interested in your home
- The more interest, the more buyers, and the better chance your home will sell, fast!
- These tips will help you sell your home quicker at the best possible price
- Below are the 10 Best Kept Secrets For Selling Your Home
In this article, we will discuss and cover 10 Best Kept Secrets For Selling Your Home By Sellers.
Price Home Right
Pricing it Right Is The first of the Top 10 Best Kept Secrets For Selling Your Home Fast is pricing your home right:
- Price sells a home faster than any other factor
- If a listing price is set higher than 5% above market it discourages buyers
As these buyers look around they know they can get more elsewhere and may not come back for a second look if you lower the price.
Make Your Home In Move-In Condition
Move-in Condition- The second of the top 10 best-kept secrets for selling your home is making it in move-in-condition.
- Next to the right price, buyers want a property that is move-in ready
- Get rid of the clutter, make it Q-tip clean, and refurbish where needed
- Elbow grease can be just as effective as cash
Good investments are:
- shampooing the carpet
- polish the floor
- stronger light bulbs
- open curtains, oil for hinges
- window cleaner
- brass polish
- bagged limestone for damp odors
- hydrogen peroxide mixed with cream of tartar for stained porcelain
- soap scum remover for ceramic tile
A clean home will show better and your light fixtures will sparkle like jewelry!
Curb Appeal- There is only one chance to make a first impression, right?
- This is the first impression buyers have of your home
- If they fall in love with the outside they will want to see the inside
- If a buyer isn’t immediately drawn from the outside, chances are the first impression will not be counteracted by the perfect floor plan or interior décor
- Spruce up the outside by keeping the lawn mowed and shrubs trimmed
- Make sure shutters are straight and blinds are at the same height across the front of the home for a uniform appearance
- Clean or paint the front door and mailbox
- Make sure windows are clean and walkways are clear
- Put away garbage cans, garden hoses, and lawn ornaments
You may love your gnomes but the buyer may not.
Brightening The Decor
Brighten the Décor- Consider fresh paint in neutral colors.
- They are less likely to clash with other people’s furniture and accessories
- This is probably the best dollar for dollar investment in selling a home
- Also, think about replacing the carpet
A buyer can steam clean an old or stained carpet but new carpeting can make a big difference and be a nice return on investment.
Focus Rooms- The kitchen, master bedroom, and garage are the three most inspected areas in any home.
- In the kitchen, clear counters and cabinets
- Yes, buyers will look in your cabinets, pantry, and refrigerators
- Some buyers may judge the whole house on the cleanliness of the appliances
- Create spaciousness in the master bedroom by removing or moving furniture
- Clear the closets of unused or seasonal clothes to make them appear larger
- Get the junk out of the garage
It too will appear larger and ensure there is enough room for cars and storage.
Being Open To Financing Options
Be Open to Various Financing Options- The more buyers that can afford your property, the better, and quicker you’ll sell. Consider FHA or VA financing, paying closing costs, points, a decorator’s allowance, a price reduction, or seller financing. Flexibility may give you an edge over the competition.
10 Best Kept Secrets For Selling Your Home: Teamwork
Work as a Team- Tell your agent what you love about your home and neighborhood for additional selling points. In return, the agent will provide feedback from prospective buyers to ensure the home is at its maximum marketability.
10 Best Kept Secrets For Selling Your Home: Accenting
Accenting- Add charm and a welcoming touch by adding color and fragrance.
- Depending on the time of year, seasonal potted flowers by the front door, fresh-cut flowers, a wreath on the front door, or birch wood in the fireplace, helps to set the stage
- You want the buyer to be able to envision living in the space
- Adding potpourri, cinnamon sticks in the oven, (be sure to turn it off just before showing) and placing candles on electric warmers give a warm fuzzy feeling
- Lemon is said to entice buyers to buy
- Consider running a lemon through the garbage disposal!
Showing Your Home
How to Show- During showings and open houses plan to be away from the home.
- Statistically, buyers spend more time in a property when the owner is not present
- The more time a buyer spends in the property, the better the chance at an offer
- You want buyers looking at the home not socializing with you or leaving early because they feel like an intruder
- Be sure to secure pets
- Some people may be afraid or allergic
- Set the mood by putting on soft music and turn all the lights on
- You want the home to appear bright and inviting
10 Best Kept Secrets For Selling Your Home: Offer And Counter Offer
Negotiating & Accepting an Offer- Reply as soon as possible.
- When buyers make an offer they are in the mood to buy
- Don’t let too much time pass, you don’t want them to experience buyer’s remorse
- Be positive and flexible in negotiations
- After all, you both want the same thing, a closed transaction
- It can be challenging and even fun
- Leave the details up to us
- That’s what we’re trained to do!
About The Author Of 10 Best Kept Secrets For Selling Your Home
Julie Hayward is the author of the 10 Best Kept Secrets For Selling Your Home.
- Julie Hayward the owner/broker of Edge Realty LLC. Julie Hayward is also a writer for Gustan Cho Associates Real Estate And Mortgage Information Center
- Julie is a veteran licensed real estate agent and broker in the state of Illinois
- Julie Hayward is the owner/broker of Edge Realty LLC, one of the fastest-growing real estate companies in the Chicago Area
- Julie is an expert in all areas of Will County, DuPage County, Cook County, McHenry County, Kane County, and Lake County of Illinois
Julie Hayward and Edge Realty are the real estate professionals of choice by most mortgage professionals in Chicago and the surrounding area.
- Julie’s husband, Chad M. Hayward, is a prominent real estate attorney and bankruptcy lawyer in Illinois and Julie knows the ins and outs of short sales, foreclosures, and is a REO expert
- Julie Hayward is the realtor of choice for home sellers and homebuyers
- This is no because of her knowledge in real estate, foreclosures, law, and lending but due to her creativeness and knowing the Chicago Area and the surrounding suburbs like her backyard
Home Buyers and sellers can contact Julie Hayward at 312-504-9228 or email her at email@example.com. Julie Hayward is available 7 days a week, evenings, weekends, and holidays to take your phone calls and answer all of your real estate questions.