BREAKING NEWS: House Democrats Pass 3 Trillion Stimulus Coronavirus Bill
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi led House Democrats Pass 3 trillion stimulus coronavirus bill.
- The bill narrowly passed the House on Friday, May 15th
- Nancy Pelosi and Democrats are capitalizing and politicizing the coronavirus pandemic at the expense of U.S. taxpayers
- Included in the bill are bailouts for financially struggling states such as Illinois
- Illinois was in a financial crisis prior to the COVID-19 pandemic due to their financial irresponsibility and mismanagement
- Illinois has a $137 billion shortfall in their pension system
- Freshman Rookie Governor J.B. Pritzker is angering Illinoisans because he is not just raising taxes, but is also increasing spending
- Pritzker seems clueless on how to run state government
- He has doubled the state’s gas tax and is proposing changing the state’s flat tax to a progressive tax system
- Many economists and financial experts is criticizing Pritzker’s progressive tax system will be the demise of Illinois
- There is a mass exodus of Illinoisans to other lower-taxed states
- Included in the HEROES ACT $3 trillion bill is bailing out financially irresponsible states like Illinois and New York
- President Donald Trump said the bill Pelosi and House Democrats passed will be Dead On Arrival
In this breaking news article, we will discuss and cover House Democrats Pass 3 Trillion Stimulus Coronavirus Bill.
House Democrats Pass 3 Trillion Stimulus Coronavirus Bill Will Be DOA In Senate
The U.S. House of Representatives passed a $3 trillion dollar COVID-19 relief stimulus package on Friday, May 15th.
- The bill was created by House Democrats led by Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi
- Included in the bill was a second round of stimulus payments by the government of $1,200 per person or $2,400 per married couple
- The bill also provides $1,200 per dependent up to three dependents
- President Trump warned the House not to waste their time because the bill will be dead on arrival once it passes
- The maximum income to qualify for the stimulus money is the same as the earlier CARES Act, with money for people making up to $99,000 and couples up to $198,000
- The amount would start to reduce from $1,200 above thresholds of $75,000 and $150,000, respectively
The bill passed the House on Friday by a vote of 208-199. It now heads to the U.S Senate which is expected to die off there.
What Is Included In Pelosi’s HEROES Bill
Included in Pelosi’s HEROES ACT bill is financial aid for illegal immigrants.
- To fund illegal immigrants, the new bill removes the Social Security requirement from CARES Act
- It permits people to file tax returns with a taxpayer identification number (or TIN)
- Included is $1 trillion bailout to state government in financial aid for pension deficits and other budget shortfalls prior to the pandemic
- Unemployed workers can get the $600 per week unemployment benefits extended through January 2021
- Increased testing programs and treatment paid by the federal government for coronavirus testing and contact tracing
- Employers will get tax credits to keep their employees on payroll and not furlough and/or laid them off
- Renters and homeowners will also get financial aid and support on their rent and/or mortgage payments
- This includes other housing payments such as utilities
- People on food stamps or need food assistance will get a $10 billion allocated through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- State government will get $3.6 for contingency planning and preparation for elections for federal office
- Included on the bill is a resolution to change the rules that allow for proxy voting and remote committee work during the pandemic
- This bill was mainly agreed among Democrats
Many critics, including many House Democrats, called this bill laughable and a joke. Where is the money coming from? Why should taxpayers pay for the deficits of mismanaged financially irresponsible states like Illinois and New York?
House Democrats Pass 3 Trillion Stimulus Coronavirus Bill: Republicans Call Pelosi’s Bill Crazy
Republicans and and few Democrats criticized Pelosi’s plan as crazy. Here is what Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said in front of the House floor:
I listened to what Speaker Pelosi told your conference — to go big. Instead of going big, it seems you went crazy. This is a political messaging bill that has no chance at becoming law.
Although over a dozen Democrats were opposed to this bill, the HEROES ACT bill passed the House on Friday and is now headed to the Senate. Some Republicans voted in favor of the bill. However, it is expected to die in the Senate. President Donald Trump said this is the most ridiculous bill ever presented. The Trump Administration will not even consider negotiating and called it a waste of time and taxpayers money. President Trump and his administration is not interested in another coronavirus stimulus bill. Many states are reopened and others are set to reopen the economy where no more stimulus money will be needed. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., on the other hand, said he may be open to another round of negotiations. Some items on the wish list such as bailing irresponsible states is out of the question McConnell said.
Pelosi Says Its Un-American To Delay Another Stimulus Aid Package
Pelosi said the time is now for another round of stimulus aid. While many members from both sides agree in taking a pause before going through another round of aid, Nancy Pelosi said it is Un-American not to pass another stimulus aid bill right away.
Some of the Members say, ‘Let’s take a pause.’ Let’s take a pause? Do you think this virus is taking a pause? Do you think that the rent takes a pause? The hardship of losing a job doesn’t take a pause or tragically losing a loved one. It doesn’t take a pause. Americans depend on us. We cannot let Americans down. This bill needs to get passed now. Not tomorrow, but NOW.
Many economists and financial experts believe this bill will be DOA once it hits the Senate Floor next week. This is a developing story. We will keep our viewers updated with developments in the coming days and weeks. STAY TUNED!!!