What Happens To Abandoned Pets Due To Foreclosure
This BLOG On What Happens To Abandoned Pets Due To Foreclosure Was UPDATED And PUBLISHED On October 18th, 2019
Homeowners who have no means of keeping their home go through foreclosure.
- Nobody wants to lose their home
- Many of those who have had great jobs but are victims of the Great Depression of 2008
- They have lost their jobs or businesses and are now unemployed or underemployed where foreclosure was unavoidable
- Unfortunately, many pets are left abandoned pets due to the result of foreclosure
In this article, we will cover and discuss what happens to abandoned pets when homeowners foreclose.
Foreclosure Is Stressful Event
Foreclosure is an emotional and stressful event in one’s life and it affects each individual differently.
- Some move in with family, while others gather enough money to rent an apartment where animals are not allowed
- Many foreclosed homeowners do not have immediate family members or friends
- They are often forced to dump their beloved pets to the nearest animal shelters or just abandoned pets
- Many animal shelters are over populated and a large portion of the animals are euthanized
- There are many instances where pets are discovered in foreclosed home locked inside the home
They are without any food or water for days to be discovered barely alive, only surviving on toilet water.
People Can Be Cruel
I have been raised with animals and am a dog lover.
- Each dog is like a human where every dog has its own unique personality and feelings
- I cannot imagine anyone leaving behind their pets abandoned in an empty home with no food and just an open toilet
- It is cruel and inhumane and no different than killing an animal who has had unconditional love towards their owners
- The dog or cat did not ask to be adopted nor did they do anything to deserve to be homeless
- Unfortunately, there are homeowners who leave their pets behind unattended
- Most of these dogs and cats die a miserable death
- Starvation and dehydration
- Why do people do this and how can they be so cruel?
- The answer to this is another question
Why do homeowners strip everything in their foreclosed homes?
In a million years, I will never understand why anyone can leave abandoned pets
- I deal with folks who are going through foreclosure or have gone through foreclosure every day and do understand the strain it puts on them
- Everything one has worked so hard for all their life can get wiped out during a foreclosure or bankruptcy
- Personal belongings, year of memory, and the place homeowners call home will be lost forever
- However, leaving Abandoned Pets Due To Foreclosure behind is inexcuseable no matter how emotionally distraught they are
- A dog or cat depends on their owners and they give us unconditional love and always will
- Homeowners who have a home that is vacant due to foreclosure and/or bankruptcy, please keep eyes open to see if the homeowner has not left a pet behind
Borrowers who need to qualify for mortgage with a direct lender with no overlays can contact us at The Gustan Cho Team at 262-716-8151 or text us for faster response. Or email us at [email protected] We have special mortgage loan programs where there is no waiting period after foreclosure, deed in lieu of foreclosure, short sale called non-qm loans.
By Gustan Cho