Mortgage Guidelines On Foreclosure And Bankruptcy
This BLOG On Mortgage Guidelines On Foreclosure And Bankruptcy Was UPDATED On December 8th, 2018
- If a mortgage loan borrower had a prior bankruptcy, there is a 2 year waiting period from the date of the bankruptcy discharge before a home buyer has to wait to qualify for FHA and VA Loans
If you have foreclosure but not a bankruptcy, the following applies:
- there is a mandatory 3 year waiting period from the date of the sheriff’s sale
- or the date the deed of your house was transferred out of your name before a home buyer can qualify for FHA and USDA Loans
- The 3-year waiting period also applies for short sales and a deed in lieu of foreclosure as well
In this article, we will cover and discuss Mortgage Guidelines On Foreclosure And Bankruptcy.
Having a Foreclosure and Bankruptcy in Mortgage Qualification
What if you had a foreclosure and bankruptcy at the same time.
- If you had a foreclosure and bankruptcy at the same time and your foreclosure was part of personal bankruptcy, the 3-year waiting period will apply
- Unfortunately, I get many calls from potential home buyers who think they are able to qualify for a home loan who had a foreclosure and bankruptcy 2 years prior
- Unfortunately, these potential homeowners get the bad news that they need to wait an extra year
Gustan Cho Associates NMLS 1657322 offers non-QM loans. There are no waiting period requirements after bankruptcy and/or foreclosure with non-QM loans.
Home Loan After Foreclosure and Bankruptcy in Mortgage Qualification
Gustan Cho Associates specializes in helping borrowers with prior bad credit. We also help borrowers with high debt to income ratios. There is nothing anyone can do to exempt waiting period guidelines on government and/or conventional loans. However, Gustan Cho Associates Mortgage Group can help home buyers qualify for mortgages with no waiting period after bankruptcy and/or foreclosure with our non-QM loans.
- Borrowers with open collections, unsatisfied judgments, credit scores as low as 500, short term on the job, or are self-employed can qualify for home loans
- However, under FHA Mortgage Guidelines On Foreclosure And Bankruptcy borrowers who has a foreclosure and/or bankruptcy at the same time, there is a three year waiting period after the recorded date of the foreclosure to qualify for FHA Loans
- Under Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Mortgage Guidelines On Foreclosure And Bankruptcy, borrowers with mortgage part of Chapter 7 bankruptcy can qualify for conventional loans four years from the discharged date of Chapter 7
The foreclosure can be recorded after the discharged date of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.
Rebuilding Credit After Foreclosure And Bankruptcy In Mortgage Qualification
Mortgage Guidelines On Foreclosure And Bankruptcy on government and conventional loans have a mandatory waiting period. However, with NON-QM Loans, there are no waiting periods to qualify for a mortgage after bankruptcy and/or foreclosure. There is no maximum loan limits with non-QM loans. There is no private mortgage insurance required. Down payment requirements are 5% to 20%. The amount of down payment depends on the borrower’s credit scores. Mortgage rates depend on down payment and credit scores. Gustan Cho Associates has 5% down payment NON-QM Jumbo Loans with no mortgage insurance requirement.
- Even though mortgage applicants have a waiting period requirements on government loans, they should consult with a loan officer if they qualify for non-QM loans
- Loan officers can advise borrowers on how to rebuild credit and some will assist and advise on how to improve credit scores
Borrowers who need more information on Mortgage Guidelines On Foreclosure And Bankruptcy or need to qualify for a mortgage, please contact us at 1-800-900-8569 or text us for faster response. Or email us at email@example.com. We are available 7 days a week, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
December 8, 2018 - 3 min read