Home Purchase With Bad Credit With Lender With No Overlays
This BLOG On Home Purchase With Bad Credit With Lender With No Overlays Was UPDATED And PUBLISHED On February 20th, 2019
There are still thousands of potential home buyers who believe that they do not qualify for a home purchase with bad credit.
- There are periods of every hard-working American’s lives where they go through periods of unemployment, underemployment, sickness, divorce, business loss, or other economic events
- They suffer a substantial reduction of their household income where their credit scores suffer
- The good news is that as long as you have an income to be able to afford that new home and have re-established credit, you can qualify for a home purchase with bad credit
- This holds true even if you have had a prior bankruptcy, foreclosure, or still have open unsettled credit and collection accounts
In this article, we will cover and discuss qualifying for a mortgage with bad credit.
Home Purchase With Bad Credit And Low Credit Scores
Conventional loan programs have higher credit standards than FHA insured loans.
- Most conventional mortgage lenders require a credit score of a minimum of 620 FICO credit score
- However, borrowers with credit scores between 500 and 579 can qualify for an FHA insured mortgage loan with a 10% down payment
- Home Buyers who want to qualify for a home purchase with bad credit and only want to put a 3.5% down payment, credit scores need to be a minimum of a 580
FHA Loans Are Best For Home Purchase With Bad Credit
FHA loans are the best mortgage program for a home purchase with bad credit.
- The Federal Housing Administration’s mission is to make home ownership affordable to all hardworking American families
- FHA is very understanding with prior bad credit issues for home buyers
- There are certain mandatory waiting period requirements for those who had a prior bankruptcy, foreclosure, deed in lieu of foreclosure, or short sale
- But anyone with a full-time job or income can qualify for a home purchase with bad credit
- Borrowers can have unpaid unsettle collection accounts, charge offs, and previous late payments and qualify for FHA Loans
- However, lenders want to see timely payments for the past 12 months
- Re-established credit after a period of bad credit is required to get an approve/eligible per Automated Underwriting System Approval
How Underwriters View Credit And Scores When Underwriting Home Purchase With Bad Credit
As mentioned earlier, home buyers can qualify for a home purchase with bad credit but under certain conditions.
- Buyers can qualify for a home purchase with bad credit
- As long as they had a period of a few years of bad credit and has re-established credit and no late payments the past 12 months
- What lenders want to see is if borrowers had good credit and due to extenuating circumstances had a period of bad credit and are showing an attempt of re-establishing their credit
- For example, here is a case scenario:
- The consumer has a ten-year credit history
- The first six or so years had great credit
- Then on years of 7 and 8 credit tanked
- But on year 9 and 10 consumers had no more late payments and have re-established credit
- This consumer got their credit re-established by getting a few secured credit cards
- They have been timely on them
- This will be a perfect ideal candidate for a new mortgage
- Lenders understand that people can go through periods of bad credit due to financial extenuating circumstances
- However, if a mortgage applicant has a good income and had a period of blatantly being late on paying their bills for the past ten years and even has current recent late payments, there is no lender that will approve them
- Not only is the current credit score important, but credit and payment history is equally if not more important
Qualifying For Home Mortgage With Bad Credit With Direct Lender With No Overlays
Borrowers who are ready to qualify for home purchase with bad credit with a direct lender with no overlays on government and conventional loans can contact us at Gustan Cho Associates at 262-716-8151 or text us for faster response. Or email us at email@example.com. We are available 7 days a week, evenings, weekends, and holidays.