VA Certificate Of Eligibility Requirements On VA Loans
This BLOG VA Certificate Of Eligibility Requirements On VA Loans Was PUBLISHED On January 21st, 2020
Certificate of Eligibility requirements for National Guard
Most Americans have heard of VA loans offer to our veterans.
- But may not understand the requirements if they served in a branch such as the National Guard
- We have done many VA loans for individuals who served in the National Guard and Army Reserves
- Their requirements are slightly different, we will go over those in this blog
In this article, we will cover and discuss VA Certificate Of Eligibility Requirements On VA Loans.
VA Certificate Of Eligibility Requirements Members Of National Guard
If you serve in the National Guard or the Reserves you may qualify for VA benefits. The following VA Certificate Of Eligibility requirements pertain to obtaining VA mortgage financing. Borrowers may qualify for a VA mortgage if they meet VA Certificate of Eligibility Requirements by having Active Duty (Title 10) or National Guard Duty (Title 32).
- Active Duty (Title 10) – full time duty
- EXAMPLE a unit deployment during war, including travel to and from such duty
National Guard Duty (Title 32) –
- full time duty
- EXAMPLE Responding to a national emergency or as an active Reserves participant where you receive pay from the federal government
Let’s dig into this in a bit more detail. Individuals who have served in the Army Reserves or the National Guard may still obtain a VA home loan. These loans are put in place to help service members and Veterans purchase a primary residence. Below are the requirements to meet in order to qualify for a VA guaranteed home loan. You must meet at least one of the below:
- Serve at least six full years in the service or in the Selected Reserves AND
- Were discharged honorably OR
- Placed on the retired list OR
- Moved to the Standby Reserves or an element of Ready Reserves other than the Selected Reserve after service characterized as honorable OR
- Continue to serve in the selected Reserve longer than six years OR
- Served 90 days or longer during active duty (Title 10 above) during a wartime period OR
- Were discharged from active duty for a service-related disability
If you meet the requirements above, you will be issued a Certificate of Eligibility from the office of the VA. You must provide this to your lender in order to obtain a VA mortgage. There are times where we will need to help you obtain your Certificate of Eligibility. Please see our COE BLOG for more details.
At Gustan Cho Associates, we have closed and funded many VA eligible clients. Most of the time, a VA loan is the best loan available. Mainly due to no down payment requirement and no monthly mortgage insurance.
Qualifying For VA Home Loan With Direct Lender With No Overlays
How do you start a VA Loan application?
Gather the following information:
- Last 60 Days Bank Statements – to source money for escrows
- Last 30 Days Pay Stubs
- Last Two Years W2’S
- Last Two Years Tax Returns
- Driver’s License
- Certificate of Eligibility
You will send these documents to your loan officer and then complete an online application. This application is very simple and straightforward. It will provide your loan officer with the required information to start a loan application. For any specific questions please contact Mike Gracz on 630-659-7644 or text us for faster response. Or email Michael Gracz at email@example.com. we are available 7 days a week to help you with your mortgage needs.