FHA Streamline Refinance Home Loan Mortgage Guidelines
This BLOG On FHA Streamline Refinance Home Loan Mortgage Guidelines Was UPDATED On May 14th, 2018
FHA Streamline Refinance Home Loan Requirements:
Mortgage rates across the board on all mortgage loan programs are at a 18 month high and there are no signs of a correction. Rumor has it that mortgage rates will go higher in the coming months and even more so next year. The economy is hot and there seems to be good news daily. Mortgage Rates are still low from the highs so there are still opportunities for homeowners to be able to benefit with FHA Streamline Refinance Home Loan. Homeowners with a FHA loan can benefit from today’s FHA mortgage rates by doing a FHA streamline refinance home loan.
- FHA allows current borrowers with a current FHA loan and who have been current on their FHA mortgage payments in the past 12 months to do a FHA streamline refinance
- There are FHA Streamline Refinance Home Loan Programs requires no minimum credit scores, no income verification, and no new appraisal
- However, to get the best interest rates, borrowers with higher credit scores should go for the credit score only streamline
- Many homeowners can save tens of thousands of dollars throughout the life of their loan by taking advantage of the current mortgage rates by refinancing their current FHA loan.
Qualifying For FHA Streamline Refinance Home Loan
The only qualification needed is that the main borrowers and co-borrowers be current on their FHA mortgage loan payments in the past 12 months.
- Some lenders will allow a one time 30 day late payment in the past 12 months on their FHA mortgage payments
- With streamline loans, no credit scores are required, no income verification is required, and no appraisal is required
Qualifying For FHA Streamline Refinance Home Loan With Bad Credit
Yes. The only credit criteria needed to qualify for a FHA streamline refinance mortgage home loan is homeowners need to be current FHA loan payments timely for the past 12 months.
- As mentioned above, some lenders will allow a one time 30 day late payment in the past 12 months
- Other credit monthly payments do not matter
- Homeowners can have been late on car payment, credit cards, installment loans, and other creditors even in the past 12 months and as long their FHA loan monthly payment have been timely
High Debt To Income Ratio, Can I Still Qualify For FHA Streamline Refinance Home Loan?
There is no income verification required to qualify for a FHA streamline refinance home loan.
- However, borrowers do need to have full time employment
- Income will not be verified
- Debt to income ratios will have no impact on a FHA streamline refinance
Why Is New Appraisal Not Required?
FHA does not require for a new appraisal. Since they already approved homeowner for a FHA loan with a FHA approved appraisal when they purchased the home, HUD figures they are safe:
- FHA streamline refinance home loan is for rate and term only
- Cash out is not allowed on streamlines
- FHA figures if they insured borrower with a prior FHA appraisal, their collateral will still be safe
- This is the reason they are waiving a new appraisal
Other Guidelines On FHA Streamline Refinance Home Loan
To be eligible for a FHA streamline refinance home loan, homeowners need a net tangible benefit of their current housing payment to be reduced by at least 5% or more.
- If there is no net tangible benefit to the homeowner, they will not qualify for a FHA streamline refinance
- For example, if current total monthly housing payment is $1,000, to qualify for a FHA streamline, new payment needs to be reduced to at least $950.00 or less
Closing costs on FHA streamlines can be covered by lender credit.