Becoming A Mortgage Loan Officer At Gustan Cho Associates
This BLOG On Becoming A Mortgage Loan Officer Was Written By Michael Gracz of Gustan Cho Associates Mortgage Group
Welcome, everyone to part 1 of my multi-part series on the ins and outs of becoming a mortgage loan officer do, why you should become one, developing leads, branding yourself, etc.
- If you haven’t read my previous articles, I work for Gustan Cho Associates (www.gustancho.com) as the National Director of Training and Marketing
- I am also Chief Administrator for Mortgage Portal, the fastest-growing 1 stop mortgage and real estate forum around
- If there is one thing you can count on in this series, it is my complete 100% transparency to the industry, what you can expect, and how you can be super successful
- My goal is to recruit, train, and work with the most dedicated individuals in their quest for financial freedom!
In this article, we will discuss and cover Becoming A Mortgage Loan Officer At Gustan Cho Associates.
Becoming A Mortgage Loan Officer: Duties Of A Loan Officer
What Does A Loan Officer Do:
- As a loan officer, you are the point person with an individual or company who is looking to obtain a loan
- You are the person who meets with applicants to gather personal information and answer any questions they may have
- You will also have to be knowledgeable on all loan products your company has as you will need to explain, answer questions, and recommend loans that are right for the applicant
- The next thing you will do is verify and analyze the applicant’s financial information and credit history to assist in determining creditworthiness
- If all these boxes are checked, you can submit this loan package to underwriting who will end up giving the final approval on the funding of the loan
- You may not have thought about it like this, but as a loan officer, a large part of your job is customer service as you will need to be in constant contact with the borrower every step of the way
- When the borrower has a question or wants an update, you are the first person they are going to call and email
If you have a personality that doesn’t like getting “bothered” with “needy” clients, then this is definitely not the right field for you.
Becoming A Mortgage Loan Officer Qualification Requirements
Loan Officer Qualifications:
- In order to be a loan officer, the main thing you need is to be licensed both federally and by the state in which you want to write loans for
- In order to become licensed, you will need to complete 20 hours of NMLS (Nationwide Multistate Licensing System & Registry) approved coursework
- Need to pass the Federal SAFE (Secure and Fare Enforcement) MLO (Mortgage Loan Originator) exam with a score of 75%
- Submit for background and credit checks
Additionally, a state-specific test is required if you are looking to get licensed in the following states:
Here at Gustan Cho Associates, we will take care of you every step of the way to ensure you are prepared as possible to take these tests and succeed the first time through. If by chance you don’t pass an exam, you then have to wait an additional 30 days to take the test again. It is in everyone’s best interest to pass on the first try.
Becoming A Mortgage Loan Officer And Flexibility And Benefits Of Working Remotely
Flexible Office Location:
- Once you are hired by a lender or broker, where are you going to work?
- What I can tell you, first and foremost, gone are the days of loan officers needing to commute to a bank or high-rise downtown to perform their job
- The industry has changed dramatically and mostly all loan officers are able to work from home, giving you that flexibility to balance your personal and work-life
- Now, just because you are working from home, there is still an atmosphere and pace of the business world that you will still experience from your home office
- The industry still has strict guidelines and deadlines to hit on a daily basis
- So yes, you will be busy! In your first couple months you will need to be a sponge a take in all the information you can get to ensure your training is in-depth and of quality
- When you are employed by Gustan Cho Associates, you will have support 24-7 for all the loans you are working on
- We have a family-oriented team looking out for each other and helps any time day or night. What is good for one is good for all
You will not be thrown into a cubicle and left to figure it out on your own…. To Be Continued
About The Author
Michael Gracz is both the National Sales Manager and the National Director Of Training And Recruiting for Gustan Cho Associates.
- Michael is also the Chief Executive Moderator for Mortgage Portal, America’s fastest-growing real estate and mortgage forum where real estate professionals, mortgage professionals, attorneys, home buyers, homeowners, investors, lenders, and consumers can all become members and join our online close-knit community
- Michael Gracz is currently looking for career-minded individuals looking for a career as a mortgage loan officer
- Mike is looking for not just experienced mortgage loan officers but also high energy career-minded individuals who have no experience in the mortgage industry but are ready to learn and become part of our close fast-growing national team of licensed mortgage loan originators
- There is full marketing support and no cold calling is necessary
The day you are licensed and start, you will have your first borrowers assigned to you. Mike can be reached at 630-659-7644 or text for a faster response. Or email Michael Gracz at [email protected]