How To Reach A Human At The Credit Bureaus On The Phone
This ARTICLE On How To Reach A Human At The Credit Bureaus On The Phone Was PUBLISHED On October 3rd, 2020
Gustan Cho Associates will show our viewers on How To Reach A Human At The Credit Bureaus on the phone.
- There are three major credit bureaus: Transunion, Experian, and Equifax
- The reason most of our viewers at Gustan Cho Associates are reading this blog is because you already have tried contacting one and/or all of the credit bureaus over the phone with no luck
- GCA Mortgage Group has done extensive research on how to reach a human at the credit bureaus
- We tried calling and calling countless times with no luck
- We tried calling the credit bureaus at all different times of the day
- Still no luck
- We tried calling them at different days, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and still no luck
- Once in a great while, a human may pick up
- However, trying to reach them a second time was next to impossible
- With extensive research, we now know the secret on how to reach a human at the credit bureaus on the phone
In this article, we will discuss and cover on How To Reach A Human At The Credit Bureaus On The Phone.
How To Reach A Human At The Credit Bureaus: Is There A Way To Connect With A Human?
Experian is probably the worst of the three major credit bureaus when trying to reach a human company representative.
- There are instances where the automated prompts does not have the option you need to resolve the problem
- Many older consumers are not familiar with online technology and need to talk to a human
- Others may not own and/or own nor know how to operate a computer
- The reason I needed to contact Experian was because I had over 12 credit tradelines that reported on Transunion and Equifax but did not report on Experian
- When I pulled a tri-merger credit report, I only had scores for Equifax and Transunion but NOT Experian
- Experian showed zero credit scores and zero credit tradelines
- I needed to connect with a live human at Experian
- All I can tell you is that I tried tirelessly over and over to no avail for weeks at a time
However, there is a way of connecting with a human at all three credit reporting agencies. We will show you how in this blog.
How To Reach A Human At Experian
It will be next to impossible for any consumer to have a human answer their call at Experian unless they follow the following steps.
- The general number to Experian is 1-888-EXPERIAN (1-888-397-3742) which is absolutely WORTHLESS
- However, try calling 1-714-830-7000 which is also a number to Experian
- The automated voice will ask you to press 1 for the consumer line and press 2 for the business customer service line
- Bypass the consumer line and PRESS 2 to get transferred to the business client line
- Within a matter of a few minutes, a human will pick up your call
- It works like a charm
- The business line representative can help consumers, no problem
If you PRESS 1, the automated system will be asking you for all different types of consumer information. Eventually, the system will hang up without connecting you to any human customer service representative. However, by PRESSING 2, you will be forwarded to a live human in less than a minute or two. Try calling during off-peak hours like in the mornings.
How To Reach A Human At The Credit Bureaus: Transunion
Consumers can call Transunion customer service Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday-Friday Central Time.
- Contact the general customer service toll-free number at Transunion at 1-800-916-8800 to reach a human representative
- Answer the voice prompt or Press 0 if asked to enter a number
- To be transferred to a human operator, you need to say DISPUTE when asked for the reason for the call
- The call will be then be transferred to a live human operator
Taking the above steps will assure consumers will be connected to a human operator at Transunion within a matter of minutes.
How To Reach A Human At Equifax
Consumers can contact Equifax during the following hours: 8 a.m. to midnight, Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday-Sunday Eastern Standard Time.
- The general toll-free number to Equifax is 1-800-548-7878
- However, the best number at Equifax to reach a human representative is by calling 1-866-640-2273
- Then PRESS 1 and then PRESS 4
- Wait a few minutes and a human operator will answer your call
- When you first dial Equifax, the automated phone system will say to PRESS 1 for English and PRESS 2 for Spanish
You’ll hear a menu with five options. You’ll be prompted to:
- Press 1 to speak to a representative about changing or disputing your Equifax credit report, placing or removing a security freeze or information regarding your free credit report
- Press 2 for login help
- Press 3 to cancel a product
- Press 4 to speak to a product specialist
- Press 5 if you’re having trouble enrolling in a product
If you don’t press anything, it may connect you to a real person in a few seconds. If not, here’s what to do:
- PRESS 4: By PRESSING 4, your call will be transferred to a human operator
- PRESSING 4 is the fastest way to reach a human operator
- You can also reach a human operator by PRESSING 1 but takes long than PRESSING 4
Consumers may also get an automated voice system that says: “If you’d like to receive a callback rather than wait on hold, press 1 now. You will not lose your place in line.”
Recap On Ways Of How To Reach A Human At The Credit Bureaus On The Phone Quickly
Review and study the chart below to recap on ways on how to reach a human operator at the three credit bureaus:
Recap: Quick Ways to Reach a Real Person at the Credit Bureaus
|Credit Bureau||Phone Number||Operating Hours|
|Experian||1-714-830-7000||7 a.m. to 7 p.m., CT Mon-Fri|
|TransUnion||1-800-916-8800||8 a.m. to midnight ET, Mon-Thu; 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET Fri-Sun|
|Equifax||1-866-640-2273||9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET Mon-Fri; 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sat & Sun ET|
Reaching out to a human customer service representative is possible by following the above step by step instructions. There are instances where consumers need live help versus online correspondence. This holds true for older consumers who are not technology savvy or those without computers or electronics.
If any of our viewers at Gustan Cho Associates had success reaching customer service representatives by calling other numbers, please let us know in the comment section below.