Importance Of Communication For Mortgage Loan Originators
This Article On Importance Of Communication For Mortgage Loan Originators Was Written By Massimo Ressa of Gustan Cho Associates
In what seems to be my series on how to handle all sorts of situations within the workplace, I want to spend some time today in discussing what possibly could be the most important key to ensuring success.
- In my opinion, the key to prolonged success is due to one thing
- that is an open line of communication
- This isn’t just between managers and their employees, but between the employees as well
In this article, we will discuss and cover the Importance Of Communication For Mortgage Loan Originators.
Importance Of Communication At The Workplace
This is one thing that needs to be had if you want to succeed.
- For example, if you are an everyday employee, no matter the industry, you should be doing your best to keep communication open at all times
- This doesn’t just mean you sit and hide behind your computer and emails all-day
- But get up and walk to your co-worker’s desk or pick up the phone and call that person
- There are so many lazy people these days who appear to be scared of interaction with others
- We are all on the same team and the sooner you realize that the better off everyone will be
Your co-workers or bosses aren’t mind readers and can’t determine what you are doing and thinking at all times.
Transparency And Honesty
It is your responsibility to be as transparent as possible with what you are doing so that others and management can plan accordingly:
- Do you know how hard it is to schedule items to be completed when you have no clue what is going on?
- You can save yourself so many headaches if you just open up and let people in
- You may believe that you are giving too much info but believe me this is not the case
- Managers have so many different things going on that a gentle reminder can go a long way
- For example, if you are working on a project that you know you are going to be late on, you need to communicate this
- There might be fellow employees waiting on this data and your boss might also have a meeting that is contingent on this as well
- If you don’t let people know about this, how is your boss supposed to explain to his superiors last minute that a deliverable isn’t going to be ready
- However, if you had mentioned this a few hours ago, he could be ahead of the game and reschedule
All this would have taken was a quick conversation or a phone call and all would be well in the world.
Importance Of Communication As A Manager
On the other side of the coin, it is also important as a manager to have great communication as well.
- When you are in a results-oriented position, you need to be on top of when your deliverables are coming in
- In the accounting field, if I am waiting on a few reports and account reconciliations to be done so that I can finish my analysis of our results
- I need to know exactly when all will be completed, or it can easily kick my analysis out of whack
- I can’t be responsible for getting these items done
- But I can let my team know exactly when and how I need these items delivered to me
- I can’t just hope and pray that everything is done for me
- Yes, I may irritate you by coming back and asking for a status update
- But when I am up against a deadline, I need to ensure that I am covered as well
- This is also where I like to have status meetings a couple of times of week just to see where everyone is, what they are working one, and if they foresee any delays
- As long as people are open and honest with me, I can go to bat for them and my team when I am questioned
You see, just opening up a little bit and communicating can go a long way in promoting success from your team. It doesn’t take much to pick up the phone, send an email, or just walk over to a desk to see what is going on. Hopefully, you can take this to heart as your boss or fellow employees will be grateful, I guarantee!
About The Author Of Importance Of Communication
Massimo Ressa is the Chief Executive Officer of Gustan Cho Associates. Massimo Ressa is also a contributing editor and writer for Gustan Cho Associates Mortgage And Real Estate Information Center.
Massimo is also a contributing Moderator for Mortgage Portal, the largest and fastest-growing online real estate and lending forum in the United States. Massimo Ressa who is armed with a bachelor’s degree in accounting has extensive experience as an auditor and accounting manager and is an expert in all areas of accounting, investing, real estate, auditing, financial planning, and mortgage lending. Massimo Ressa, a licensed mortgage loan originator, is also aggressively hiring loan officers. Contact us and we will explain to you how to go about to get your federal NMLS mortgage license and the details on how to get started in a career as a mortgage loan originator.